Top 10 Under $10.


I think the title is pretty self-explanatory :) I'm not listing the exact prices in this post because quite frankly, I can't remember them all and prices tend to vary slightly depending on where you purchase them from anyway. What I do know for sure, though, is that all of these products are definitely under $10!


1. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks:: The one pictured is Cherries in the Snow, but generally speaking, the whole Super Lustrous line is pretty amazing. They're pigmented (really pigmented, in the case of Cherries in the Snow!), apply smoothly, and feel really comfortable on the lips.

2. Bonne Bell Lip Lites in Strawberry Parfait:: This is a staple milky, baby pink lipgloss in my collection. It smells amazing (exactly like what you'd expect it to smell like), has medium pigmentation, and isn't sticky at all.

3. Aquaphor Healing Ointment:: This is like the poor man's Eight Hour Cream, if you will. It's a super moisturizing lip balm, a nice on-the-spot cuticle cream, and provides intense hydration to dry and cracked skin.

4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses:: The one pictured is Lilac Pastelle but again, the whole range seems to be unexpectedly amazing. They feel quite moisturizing on the lips, have medium pigmentation, lack any detectable scent (some people may disagree), and aren't sticky in the least bit.


5. Sleek Storm Palette:: I'll just preface this one with an apology to all of my readers who are in the States (like me), because Sleek isn't available over here. I'd suggest setting up a swap with someone in the UK if you want to try out any UK high street products, which is how I got my hands on mine :) This palette is amazing. It's super versatile and can create an array of looks from neutral, everyday ones to dramatic, going-out ones. I've never been very impressed by drugustore eyeshadows aside from the recent Wet n Wild releases, but these Sleek shadows are just as good as some of my higher end shadows.

6. Wet n Wild Silent Treatment Trio:: These are really the only US drugstore brand eyeshadows I ever really use, and this trio has a really nice combination of shades. The icy pink highlight shade isn't amazing, but the dark crease shade is really nice and pigmented, and the silvery-taupe lid shade is gorgeous!

7. Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Mascara:: This is my HG mascara. I recently ran out and decided to give L'Oreal Voluminous a shot (which I really love as well), but I think my heart still belongs to this mascara.

8. Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil in Black:: I've gone on and on about this eyeliner so many times before and I don't really have anything new to add this time, but if you've tried the Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero and have been unimpressed by the pigmentation or lasting power on the waterline, you have to give this one a try!


9. Essie Nail Polishes:: The one photographed is Lilacism (my new obsession!), but Essie polishes, in general, are some of my absolutely favorites. I know the brand is known to have released some duds that lack pigmentation and have streaky applications (my sister has a random pink one that takes 4 coats for semi-opaque coverage :o), but luckily, all of the Essie polishes I own are fantastic! A few of my favorites are Lilacism, Chinchilly, and Splash of Grenadine.

10. NYC Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny:: This is by no means the best bronzer ever, but it's definitely a really good one for the price. It's one of the only matte bronzers I've ever come across at the drugstore, and while it isn't the smoothest of powders, it has a really nice color and can be built up quite easily.



0 comments:

Post a Comment