♥ Revisited: My Top 5 Bronzers ♥


The general consensus on my Revisited: My Top 5 Blushes post was that you guys wanted me to revisit My Top 5 Bronzer, Highlighters, and Lipsticks the most. First up of the three is bronzers :)

Basically, the point of these Revisited posts will be to take a look back at my top 5 picks and see if and how they've changed or stayed the same. I don't take back anything I said about any of these products because at the time, I absolutely felt that way and loved them for reasons I discussed in those posts. Some of those products I still love (products that are still in the top 5 are denoted with an * symbol) , a few not so much, and others got pushed out of my top 5 because different products took their place.

My Top 5 Bronzers as of October 2010 were:
e.l.f. Bronzing Powder (from blush/bronzer duo)
*Illamasqua Burnish Bronzer (from Glint & Burnish duo)
NARS Laguna Bronzer
NYC Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny
*Benefit Hoola Bronzer

My Top 5 Bronzers as of April 2011 are:
*Benefit Hoola Bronzer
*Illamasqua Burnish Bronzer
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Base
Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte
Bourjois Delice de Poudre in 52

Clockwise from left:
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Illamasqua Burnish Bronzer
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Base
Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte
Bourjois Delice de Poudre in 52

Compared to the original post, Benefit Hoola and Illamasqua Burnish remained favorites while others got switched out because quite honestly, I've just found much better bronzers in recent months that have bumped them out of my top 5.


(Swatched in same order as above)

1. Benefit Hoola is a bronzer that also doubles as the perfect contouring powder, in my opinion. It's super smooth and easy to blend and while the matte color is on the darker side, it can definitely still work on lighter skin tones (not super fair, though, I don't think) as long as it's used with a light hand and/or a duo fibre brush. Another great thing about this blush is that there is absolutely no trace of orange in it whatsoever.

2. Illamasqua Burnish is the only non-matte bronzer in my current top 5 but it's not quite shimmery either. It has almost a semi-frosty finish but I love it because it looks amazing on days when you want to use bronzer in place of blush. It just gives the most gorgeous golden-bronze glow. Burnish would not be good used as an all-over bronzer or as a contour shade, though.

3. Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Base is the only cream bronzer in my collection and I love it because the consistency is like butter. The color is best on fair to medium skin tones because it's not very dark, and while it does swatch a bit orange, I don't find that the orange tones really translate onto the skin at all. It could honestly not be any easier to blend and despite being a cream-ish formula (I like to compare the consistency in the pot to that of a melting chocolate bar), it isn't oily at all.

4. Dior 002 Honey Matte is my baby for two reasons: it cost an arm and a leg and it's amazing! I'm kind of pastey right now and I find that this shade of bronzer is perfect for my skin tone at the moment. Out of all of my powder bronzers, Honey Matte is probably the easiest to blend and gives the most natural and subtle bronze, although it can also be built up. This is also probably my favorite bronzer of the moment.

5. Bourjois Delice de Poudre 52 (aka "The Chocolate Bronzer") is unfortunately, the only drugstore bronzer in my top 5, and even more unfortunately, not readily available in the US. Still, I've been reaching for this one nearly everyday lately because it works really well as a contour and as a bronzer, and while it's technically not matte (it claims to have "glints of sunshine", aka very small and sparse gold shimmer), it applies pretty much matte and looks super natural on the skin. The packaging is also compact and great for travel.

What's your favorite bronzer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment