♥ Revisited: My Top 5 Lipsticks ♥

Today, I'm revisiting My Top 5 Lipsticks post and surprisingly enough, while I still really like the ones I chose back then, none of my favorites stayed the same.

Basically, the point of these Revisited posts will be to take a look back at my top 5 picks and see if and how they've changed or stayed the same. I don't take back anything I said about any of these products because at the time, I absolutely felt that way and loved them for reasons I discussed in those posts. Some of those products I still love (products that are still in the top 5 are denoted with an * symbol) , a few not so much, and others got pushed out of my top 5 because different products took their place.

My Top 5 Lipsticks as of August 2010 were:
MAC Angel (frost)
Edward Bess Nude Lotus
MAC Snob (satin)
Revlon Cherries in the Snow
MAC Viva Glam VI SE (lustre)

My Top 5 Lipsticks as of April 2011 are:
Chanel Rouge Allure in Genial (LE)
MAC Girl About Town (amplified)
MAC Lazy Day (lustre) (LE)
MAC Shy Girl (cremesheen)
MAC Sheen Supreme in Bare Again


Left to right:
Chanel Genial (LE)
MAC Girl About Town
MAC Lazy Day (LE)
MAC Shy Girl
MAC Bare Again

(Swatched in same order as above)

1. Chanel Genial is a funny little thing. I really don't tend to wear it all that much because the color is a bit out of my comfort zone for everyday wear, but I just love it so much anyway. Genial is an uber bright coral that borders on neon, and the Rouge Allure formula is just fantastic - smooth, comfortable, and wears really well. You can see me wearing it here.

2. MAC Girl About Town is a great going-out lipstick. I forgot how nice it was until I wore it recently in this post and unexpectedly got tons of compliments. The MAC Amplified formula is also one of my favorites because it's extremely pigmented but still very creamy.

3. MAC Lazy Day is basically my updated favorite pale pink lipstick in place of MAC Angel from my original post. MAC Lazy Day (lustre), Angel (frost), and Creme Cup (cremesheen) are all more or less the same color, but the main difference between the three lies in the formulation (see below). I chose Lazy Day because I really love the light, lustre formula the best if I had to choose, but I really do love of three of them a lot.

4. MAC Shy Girl is the newest of the five, but it wasted no time in working its way into my favorites. It's a gorgeous nudey-peach shade that goes with nearly every look. I especially love it because it gives me the effect of a 'nude' lip without washing me out. You can see a lip swatch here.

5. Last, but not least, is MAC Bare Again from the new-ish Sheen Supreme line of lipsticks. Bare Again is the only one I've tried from that range so I can't speak for all of them, but this particular lipstick has a fantastic shiny, semi-sheer coverage formula that doesn't dry out my lips at all, despite what I've read in other reviews. This shade is best described as my personal 'My Lips but Better' shade. You can see it in this FOTD.

Lazy Day, Angel, and Creme Cup comparison:
Top to bottom:
Creme Cup (cremesheen)
Angel (frost)
Lazy Day (lustre)

What are a few of your current favorite lipsticks?


0 comments:

Post a Comment