A Few Limited Edition Rediscoveries.


Brands like MAC are known to release limited edition items like they're going out of style, but I think we've all also been guilty of adding fuel to the fire by rushing out to hunt down these items like mad women, destroying anything (or anyone) who gets in our way. Bwahahahaha!

But who gets the last laugh? Months later, when you go through your makeup collection to find a random blush from some random collection that at the time, you thought you might literally die if you couldn't put it on your cheeks - Is it even half as amazing as you once thought it was? For me, more times than not, the answer is no. But, every now and again, my craziness pays off and I score limited edition items that I absolutely love and am happy that I acquired before they went away forever. (I use the term 'forever' very loosely, as brands like MAC often "re-promote" a lot of their limited edition products. *breathes sigh of relief*)


I recently rediscovered MAC Ever Hip Lipstick from the Give Me Liberty of London collection and the timing couldn't be more perfect, since I think the peachy coral shade is perfect for this time of year. NARS Strawberry Fields Lipgloss was released sometime last year as well, and although I never once doubted the gorgeousness of it, I've recently fallen back in love with it because it's a fantastic option for wearing bright lips without the hassle of a lipstick. You can see a swatch of it here.

My favorite rediscovery of the bunch, however, is definitely NARS Pleasures of Paris palette. All 6 colors are smooth and pigmented, and the combination of shades could not be any more perfect.

L to R: Nepal, Violetta, Demon Lover, Fez, Abyssinia, Cordura
(Note: Violetta and Demon Lover swatched oddly because they're matte shades but they actually apply very smoothly to the lids.)

 It's a great palette for travelling because it has neutrals and color, and it has shades that are suitable for the lid (Nepal is my favorite), crease (Cordura), and highlight (Abyssinia). It's one-stop shopping for all of your eyeshadow needs.

I used Nepal, Fez, Abyssinia, and Cordura last week in this FOTD:


I've vowed to really try to evaluate my existing makeup collection before falling prey to any more limited edition madness. Before my blog sale, I hated that I had so much limited edition stuff that I rushed out to buy, yet never used and could care less about only a few weeks or months later. If that's not a waste of money, I don't know what is. From now on, I think if I buy any more limited edition products, it either has to be super unique and one-of-a-kind, or it has to be something that I think I would have purchased even if it was a permanent item without the pressure of knowing it was going to sell out.

Do you have any limited edition horror or success stories?


0 comments:

Post a Comment