Another Chanel Dupe by Revlon?


Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Black Pearl has been on my wishlist since it was released a few months ago, but I had a difficult time parting with the $25 it would cost to get a bottle and before I knew it, I had committed to P10P and any hope of acquiring Black Pearl any time in the near future was lost.

I was dealing with that disappointing thought relatively well, that is, until word on the street spread that Revlon was releasing a Black Pearl dupe. I knew the supposed dupe was going to be limited edition and by the time I was done with P10P, it would most definitely be sold out. My opportunity to save $20+ on this unique nail polish shade was slowly slipping through my fingers.

A few days ago, Jessica told me she had a surprise for me. Obviously, I didn't ask what it was because it was a surprise. Duh! This is what I found in my mailbox a few days later:

YAY! :D

Yup, you guessed it. It's "The Dupe," otherwise known as Revlon Black with Envy. It's a gorgeous, blackened, shimmery gunmetal shade. It has a non-streaky formula that was completely opaque in two coats.



I can't compare it against Chanel Black Pearl because I don't own it, but based on swatches I've seen, Revlon Black with Envy definitely lacks the green sheen Black Pearl has. For that reason, I wouldn't say that the two are exact dupes, but they are very similar and Revlon's version definitely succeeds at satisfying my need (I felt like I needed it) for Black Pearl.

Thank you so, so much, Jessica!! ♥


0 comments:

Post a Comment