Definitely/Not Worth the Hype.


Unlike my original Not Worth the Hype post, this one will end with a few products that are worth the hype :) Don't forget, these are only my opinions based on my personal preferences and experiences with these products - it does not necessarily mean other people won't like them either.


First up is MAC Well Dressed blush. My issues with Well Dressed are that it just doesn't show up very well on me unless I really layer it. I'm sorry, but I just don't understand it. At first, I thought it was because I was too tan, but lately I been hovering around NC23-ish (not dark at all), and I still have issues with this blush showing up on my skin. In addition, I feel like once I've layered it on, the color doesn't show up on my cheeks as the same pretty, bubblegum pink it appears to be in the pan.

EOS lip balms are easily one of the most overrated lip balms ever, in my opinion. The scent I have is Summerfruit, by the way. It smells nice but it's not very moisturizing at all. The actual balm is very solid so it only applies a very thin coat to your lips with each application, and I think that's part of the reason why it wears off so quickly too. The one good thing about this product is that it makes a nice base under lipstick because it's not thick or slippery.

The last of my 'not worth the hype' products is something that only kind of deserves to be there. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara is actually quite good, but I have a few issues with it. Firstly, I sometimes get flaking immediately after application. I'll see a tiny black dot under my eye, for example, and when I go to brush it away, it smears all over my face and I realize it was a tiny glob of wet mascara. The wand is also hit or miss. Sometimes it's fantastic and other times, it pulls out of the tube as a clumpy mess. Lastly, this mascara smudges on me, which might as well be the kiss of death for me when it comes to mascara.

Now on to the good stuff!

Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner (mine is in the shade True Black) is fantastic! It's sooo smooth and easy to apply, not too dry and not too wet, and once it's on, it lasts all day with smudging, fading, or flaking. Another great thing about this liner is that the lid screws on tightly and securely so apparently, the liner doesn't dry out before it gets used up (unlike MAC Fluidline)! 

I feel like most people either love the Urban Decay Primer Potion or they love the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I've never tried TFSI but the reason why is simple: UDPP leaves nothing to be desired for me! It does everything it claims to do and it's everything I need my eye primer to do. It provides the perfect base for eyeshadow, allows for maximum vibrancy of eyeshadow shades, and prevents creasing and fading (even on my oily lids). Others have complained that shadows are more difficult to blend over UDPP, but I haven't really had any issues with that at all.

Need I really say more about Dior Amber Diamond? I feel like any time someone asked me which makeup product I couldn't live without, what my favorite makeup product at the moment was, or what the best highlighter was, I answered with 'Amber Diamond'. Yes, it's expensive but is it worth it? In my opinion, yes. I've been using my MAC 188 to apply it in a sideways-V shape to the tops of my cheekbones and brow bone, and I'm always amazed at how gorgeous it looks. It has the perfect balance of subtlety and drama, making for an unrivalled highlight powder.

Lastly is the Urban Decay Naked Palette. The infamous Naked Palette. I know a lot of people are over this palette now, while others thought it was overrated from the beginning. For me, I definitely think it's worth the hype. Each individual eyeshadow shade is pigmented and beautiful (although there are 2 or 3 with some glittery fallout), but the reason I think this is such a stand-out product is that this one palette contains the most fantastic combination of eyeshadow shades I've ever seen. Not only are there lid, crease, outer-v, and highlight shades, but there are at least a couple choices for each. There are so many different ways to wear this palette - it's ridiculous.

Have you tried any of these products? If so, do you agree or disagree? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment