A Look Inside My Makeup Bag.


I recently ordered a handmade makeup bag on Etsy.

It's an oilcloth makeup bag by Lucy Blaire (her seller name is LucyBlaireCreations), and they have a few different prints listed but since I wanted this specific combination (olive colored zipper with the polka dot design), I ordered it through her 'custom' listing.

My bag is the large size and it measures 9.5" long, 4" wide, and 5" tall. The normal large bags retail for $18, but the custom large bags retail for $19. 

The bag itself is really cute and the oilcloth material means that it's shiny on the outside and can easily be cleaned and wiped down. On the inside, however, the bag is not lined and the material is not the same as it is on the outside (not shiny), and I'm not sure it can be cleaned or wiped off as easily. To me, that's a bit silly because if your makeup ever spilled and your bag got dirty, it'd be dirty on the inside, not the outside, and it's more important to me that the inside is easy to clean than it is the outside. Also, the bag is very thin and a bit flimsy - I just hope it lasts a decent while. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, but I feel it may be a bit overpriced considering how thin it is and the fact that it's not lined.


A look inside...

The bag is very big inside (hence the large size), and all the products I have in it right now only fill it up a little more than halfway. I like to keep my current favorite products and products I'm currently using in my makeup bag for easy access so that I don't have to dig through my entire makeup collection everyday to find them, but I keep the bag at home on my dresser. I don't actually take it with me in my handbag or anything :)

Face products:
Origins VitaZing moisturizer
Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing concealer
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
MAC Studio Finish concealer
MUFE Face & Body foundation
Bare Minerals Well Rested

Eyeshadow palettes:
Inglot palette
Urban Decay Naked palette

Eye products:
MAC Vanilla pigment
MAC Soft Ochre paint pot
Clinique Black brush-on cream liner
L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara
Shu Uemura eyelash curler
MAC NC20/NW15 Chromagraphic pencil 
Milani Liquif'eye Pencils in Brown and Black
Urban Decay Primer Potion

Cheek products:
Tarte Tipsy Amazonian Clay blush
Illamasqua Hussy blush
Dior 002 Honey Matte bronzer
Dior Amber Diamond
Bourjois Delice de Poudre #52
MAC Stereo Rose MSF

Lip products:
MAC Boy Bait Cremesheen Glass
MAC Shy Girl lipstick
MAC Bare Again Sheen Supreme lipstick


What current favorites are in your makeup bag right now?


0 comments:

Post a Comment