5 Products in 5 Minutes.


Ok, so I have to be honest and say that I didn't actually time myself applying my makeup this morning but at most, it was probably like 7 minutes. In my defense, I was taking my time ;)

When narrowing down my makeup routine to just 5 products, mascara and concealer were products that were non-negotiable. I opted for a liquid concealer rather than my MAC Studio Finish because I hate how Studio Finish looks under my eyes. I then added a powder because my face is crazy oily, and my concealer must be set. Cream blush was an easy choice because it can double as blush and as lip color, as long as you choose a more emollient formula and not a cream-to-powder formula. My fifth product was the toughest and I debated between an eyeshadow to fill in my brows, black eyeliner to tightline and draw a wing, and a flesh colored eyeliner for the waterline to open up my eyes. I finally settled on the flesh colored liner. You can't have it all when only using 5 products, right? Something's gotta give!

My 5 products:
1. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
2. Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer in 002 Beige
3. MAC MSFN in Medium Plus
4. MAC Blushcreme in Ladyblush
5. MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20


The finished look after 5 (or 7) minutes:

I think if you have good skin that isn't super oily, you can probably get away with only 1 face product (either a concealer, foundation, or powder). Powder alone isn't enough coverage for me and if I use concealer or foundation, I have to set it in order for it to last more than half an hour on my skin.

I really love Ladyblush but I hate to talk too much about it since the Ladyblush Blushcreme is discontinued. If you can still get it at your MAC counters, I highly recommend it! I prefer the Blushcreme formula to the Cremeblend one, personally. I love the natural, dewy finish on the cheeks and it actually feels pretty comfortable on my lips too - not too drying, kind of like a satin lipstick formula. The color on me kind of reminds me of MAC Creme Cup Lipstick too.

Which 5 products would you choose for your 5 minute face?


0 comments:

Post a Comment