Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer SPF15


A few weeks ago, I found myself in one of those I-just-feel-like-buying-myself-something-expensive-even-though-I-know-I-don't-need-it kind of moods, and a few days later, a $64 tube of tinted moisturizer landed on my doorstep :-/

I ordered the Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer in the shade Bliss online from Nordstrom so in the worst case scenario, I figured I could always return it and after using it for a few days, I almost did. However, after continuing to use it for several more weeks, I've come to really enjoy it, although I still do not think it's worth the hefty price tag.




Bare faced

Wearing only Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer in Bliss

This tinted moisturizer has the light coverage I expect from a tinted moisturizer. It helps to even out my skin tone, although it definitely still needs the assistance of concealer to really finish the job. As you can see from the before and after photos above, it does a fairly good job of neutralizing the darkness around my eyes and the redness around the sides of my nose.

The finish is slightly dewy, although not sticky or shiny at all. It's best described as natural yet radiant. It's one of my favorite things about this tinted moisturizer. I apply it by buffing it in with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush, and it blends with ease. 

The reasons I initially was not very fond of this tinted moisturizer was that 1) it oxidized slightly, and 2) it started to break down within a few hours on my oily skin. I still experience the oxidation problem, but since it doesn't turn significantly darker than the initial shade after application, I'm actually okay with dealing with it, especially since I love the finish and the feel of it on my skin so much. And my skin has actually gotten a bit drier within the past few weeks due to the weather (it's more combination skin than oily at the moment), so I really haven't experienced nearly as much of the tinted moisturizer breaking down on my skin as I did in the beginning, which is a big reason why I enjoy using it so much more now.

It has an SPF of 15, which is great for a tinted moisturizer since I normally use it during the day when UV protection is important. I haven't taken any flash photos with it to see if there is flashback because I usually always remember to wear a non-SPF containing foundation on nights out. It also boasts protection from free radicals and smog, which is fantastic in theory, but there's not really any way I can test that claim, can I? ;)

The major and most obvious downfall of this tinted moisturizer is that it costs a whopping $64 for 1.7oz of product, which is pretty atrocious in my opinion. As much as I like it, I do not think it's worth the money, but it's a nice splurge item if that's what you're in the mood for ;)

I really think this is a great tinted moisturizer, although perhaps not the best formulation for very oily skin. It's not incredibly moisturizing either, so dry skin ladies may find that it doesn't cooperate as much as they'd like it to. It's best for normal to combination skin (isn't everything?) without a whole lot of redness/discoloration/blemishes to cover up, because you'll definitely still need to go back in with concealer in order to achieve that perfect canvas. The blendability and the finish make it a great option for every day use, and although it may have not been the best option for me, I can definitely see why it's garnered so much attention in the beauty blogging world!

What's your favorite tinted moisturizer? I'm curious about the new NARS one!


0 comments:

Post a Comment