Blogger Interrogation: Don't Call Me Jessie

To kick-start my second year of blogging, I'm starting a new, but not necessarily weekly, series of posts called Blogger Interrogation where a lovely lady will voluntarily submit herself to a few, nosy questions for Will Work For Makeup readers. 

Let's see how this goes!


The blogger: Jessica (Jess is okay, too – see below…)



What is the first blog you remember following? 
The first beauty blog I ever read was Nessasary Makeup (ran by VaNESSA, hence the name of the blog). I love how fearless she is with her makeup! http://nessasarymakeup.blogspot.com/

What is the last blog you followed?
Ack, I don’t remember – I’m constantly discovering new blogs to follow! A newer one I’m loving is Makeup Never Sleeps – her swatches are fab and I love how clean, simple, and organized it all is! http://www.makeupneversleeps.com/

Without checking, how many lipsticks do you think you own?
Um.. maybe one hundred? OMG, that’s insane. It’s probably less, but just in case. Crap, I need to do a clear-out or blog sale, don’t I? Anyways, lipsticks are my favorite product, so that’s how I’ll justify it. ;)


How many do you really own? 
Psh, I’m far too lazy to count them!

You can only use 3 makeup products for the rest of your life. Which ones will they be? 
Mascara (Lancome Hypnose Drama), lipstick (YSL Rouge Pur Couture #6), and blush (Tokidoki Bellina blush in Siberia, which in my opinion is the PERFECT blush – I wish I could pass them out to my friends!) If I could make it five, I’d add Urban Decay’s eyeshadow pencil in Sin (multi-purpose!) and Origins Vitazing (I could use it as moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation…). At one point I ranted about Vitazing breaking me out, but turns out it wasn’t the culprit – sorry, dear friend, how could I have doubted your fabulousness?

You have to get rid of 3 of your makeup products right now. Which ones will they be? 
MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation – the worst, most pore-clogging foundation I’ve ever used (I only used it twice, but have been saving it to sell or Back2Mac). MAC Saint Germain lipstick (worn once – it just looks AWFUL on me! Saved for the same reason as SFF). Revlon Photoready foundation (like a glittery lotion – hate!).

What is your best makeup tip? 
Have fun, do what you like, and trust your instincts! I’m also a big fan of research – I love websites like makeupalley for product reviews, and am constantly googling products for swatches and reviews!

What is your makeup pet peeve? 
Cakey foundation that’s too dark or light, overplucked/drawn-on eyebrows, too-dark lipliner, orange-y fake tans. 

What is the worst makeup crime you’ve ever committed? 
Oh, there have been lots I’m sure (like caterpillar brows in high school, terrible orange self-tanning lotion in college…)! That’s the thing, though – you have to know that you’ll make mistakes and look like a dork sometimes, but that’s life! You just have to laugh at yourself and move on.


What is one thing your readers don’t know about you? 
Before I was a makeup addict, I was a Blythe doll addict! I still say if my apartment were on fire, I’d try to salvage a couple before I ran out. I’m also a Barbie girl (but I think my readers may know that one).


Please link us to your favorite post. 
My Favorite Lipsticks: http://notjessie.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-22-favorite-lipsticks-ramble.html I’m a lipstick-a-holic, and it was so fun to do this one! I also like haul posts and FOTDs, which I think are the two types of posts I do the most – I think they’re good references to keep track of what I’m buying and how I use the things I buy. I love seeing other people’s hauls and FOTDs, too! 


Thank you to Jessica for letting us interrogate her! If you wouldn’t mind being interrogated, shoot me an email at willworkformakeup@hotmail.com.
***Edit: Thank you so much for the overwhelmingly positive response so far on my Blogger Interrogation series! It seems there are quite a few people interested in being interrogated and so far, I have bloggers lined up for the next 2+ months so unfortunately, I won't be taking any more volunteers at this time. I'll be sure to let you guys know when I am (probably in a few weeks)! Thanks so much for understanding :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment