♥ Revisited: My Top 5 Blushes ♥


A few days ago I tweeted asking for blog post suggestions, because stupid P10P and not being able to buy new makeup really puts a damper on my blogging mojo sometimes. Kelly asked if I had already done a post about my top blushes, in which I replied yes, but since it had been quite a few months since I posted about them and let's be honest, we makeup addicts are a fickle folk, I decided to revisit some of my posts from the My Top 5 series. First up are blushes :)

Basically, the point of these Revisited posts will be to take a look back at my top 5 picks and see if and how they've changed or stayed the same. I don't take back anything I said about any of these products because at the time, I absolutely felt that way and loved them for reasons I discussed in those posts. Some of those products I still love (products that are still in the top 5 are denoted with an * symbol) , a few not so much, and others got pushed out of my top 5 because different products took their place.

My Top 5 Blushes as of August 2010 were:
MAC MSF in Petticoat
*Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Hussy
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Brownie
MAC Mineralize Blush in Daft Pink
MAC Mineralize Blush in Hang Loose

My Top 5 Blushes as of April 2011 are:
MAC Blush in Peaches
Korres Blush in #15 Natural
*Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Hussy
MAC Blushcreme in Ladyblush 
Tarte Amazonian Blush in Tipsy

Clockwise from top left:
MAC Blush in Peaches
Korres Blush in #15 Natural
Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Hussy 
Tarte Amazonian Blush in Tipsy
MAC Blushcreme in Ladyblush


So, out of my previous top 5 blushes, only one remained the same and that is Illamasqua Hussy. If you compare my previous favorites to my current picks, the main difference is that I've moved away from super shimmery blushes (i.e. Petticoat, Daft Pink, and Hang Loose).

(Swatched in same order as above)

1. MAC Peaches is and always will be a staple in my collection. It's a really pretty peach with a hint of coral that is so flattering on my skin tone, and I find that it looks good year-around.

2. Korres Natural was my favorite blush of 2010 because it's the perfect neutral blush - meaning, it goes with any and every look. Whenever in doubt, I reach for this one.

3. Illamasqua Hussy is a favorite of mine for Spring and Summer because it's the perfect blush for a bright pop of color on the cheeks. It's a bright, uber pigmented watermelon pink that is not for the faint of heart, but it can definitely be applied sheerly too.

4. Tarte Tipsy seems to be making its rounds in the beauty blogosphere. It's a gorgeous, pigmented coral blush that has fantastic lasting power. While I can't necessarily support the 12-hour wear claims because I typically don't wear my makeup for that long in order to be able to test it out, I can say that after 8 hours on my super oily skin, it honestly looks just as good as when I first applied it.

5. Lastly, MAC Ladyblush is one of only a few cream blushes I own and if all cream blushes are this amazing, I definitely need to expand my collection asap! I love the color and the consistency and although I thought the tackiness would make it difficult to apply evenly, I've found it surprisingly easy to apply and blend using my Sephora I.T. Contour Brush. I even wore it on my lips the other day and loved it.

Which top 5 post do you think I should revisit next?


0 comments:

Post a Comment