Blogger Interrogation: FunnyFace Beauty



The blogger: Alicia 


What is the first blog you remember following? 
 I first became interested in beauty blogging (or vlogging) watching youtube beauty gurus like the Pixiwoo sisters, Lisa Eldridge, Juicy Tuesday. After watching their videos for a few months, I started reading beauty blogs like Belle du Jour NYC and Temptalia and finally decided to start my own blog. 

What is the last blog you followed? 
I most recently started following Productrater (http://productrater.blogspot.com/). Justine is a fellow Canadian and does a lot of great reviews. 

Without checking, how many lipsticks do you think you own? 
First, I have to say I really hope my family doesn’t see this. I think I probably have close to 60 which is actually completely stupid. I know I won’t be able to use them all up. I do tend to keep a lot of old products so a number of them are from several years ago and need to be thrown out…I tend to hoard makeup. 

How many do you really own? 
62! I am hanging my head in shame. 

You can only use 3 makeup products for the rest of your life. Which ones will they be? 
1) The first would definitely be foundation. Right now I am loving both MAC’s Pro Longwear foundation and Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer. I have uneven skin so I like that foundation helps balance that out. 

2) The second product would be under eye concealer. I have extremely dark circles so I need something to help brighten and conceal under the eyes. Right now I love a combination of It Cosmetics’ ‘Bye Bye Under-Eyes’ and Benefit’s Powderflage. 

3) The third product would be blush. I love blush! I love the way it helps give the face some colour (and it can be used on the eyes if needed). Right now I am really liking Tarte’s ‘Tipsy’ (thanks Tiffany!), MAC’s ‘Instant Chic’ and Bourjois’s ‘Rose D’or’. 

You have to get rid of 3 of your makeup products right now. Which ones will they be? 
1) MAC’s Studio Finish Concealer—Its too thick, too sticky and it sits in fine lines. I also find that it makes blemishes look worse. I know a lot of people swear by it (including my sister), but I really can’t stand using it. 

2) Jordana’sFabuliner Liquid Liner- I thought I loved this product when I first bought it but after only one use, the liner started to dry out and wouldn’t apply evenly. Yes, its super cheap but its really not worth the hassle. 

3) Live Clean’sArgan Oil Conditioning Mask- I know that this isn’t makeup, but I really wanted to warn everyone not to get this. It is super thick (which is nice in the shower) leaving a greasy residue in the hair. My hair still looks greasy and dirty after using this mask. It was definitely a waste of money. 

What is your best makeup tip? 
Be confident in yourself. I know it sounds really cheesy but that’s what I really try to promote on my blog. Beauty isn’t just a pretty face, its also how we feel, act, etc on the inside. 

If you want an actual makeup tip, I have found that the sticky side of scotch tape is really great at removing glitter from the face and eyes. 

What is your makeup pet peeve? 
What doesn’t work for one person might work for another, but if I really had to pick I would say fake orange tans with super light pink (almost white) lipstick. I don’t understand the look at all. 

What is the worst makeup crime you’ve ever committed? 
I think the worst makeup crime I have committed is not blending my foundation or concealer in properly. I hate how it can look good in the mirror inside but as soon as you are outside you can see distinctive foundation lines. I am trying to become a better blender. 

What is one thing your readers don’t know about you? 
I know a lot of my long time readers know this but I’m not sure about the newer ones. I suffer from Fibromyalgia (a chronic pain condition). Four years ago when I was diagnosed I had to drop out of school and move back home with my parents. It really sucked because all of my life plans had to change. While the pain is still horribly debilitating at times, and I still live with my parents at the age of 29, I now see it as a blessing in disguise as I have found a new passion for writing about beauty and really want to pursue a career in the beauty industry. 

Please link us to your favorite post. 
I am going to link my latest Dare to Wear challenge. For every person who creates a Japanese inspired look, my family will donate $10 to the redcross to help the survivours of the earthquakes and tsunami in Japan. It is amazing to see how many ladies have taken time out of their busy lives to do a makeup look and help raise money. Anyone can enter until very end of April.  


Thank you to Alicia for letting us interrogate her! 

Thank you so much for the overwhelmingly positive response so far on my Blogger Interrogation series! It seems there are quite a few people interested in being interrogated and so far, I have bloggers lined up for the next 2+ months so unfortunately, I won't be taking any more volunteers at this time. I'll be sure to let you guys know when I am (probably in a few weeks)! Thanks so much for understanding :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment