♥ My Top 5: Lipglosses ♥

This post has been the most difficult to choose favorites for out of all of the My Top 5 posts so far because I have so many lipglosses! After much thought and deliberation I was finally able to narrow down my choices to a mere five...


MAC Lustreglass in Love Nectar
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Lilac Pastelle
Chanel Glossimer in Constellation
MAC Lipglass in Docile
NARS Lipgloss in Strawberry Fields

MAC Lustreglass in Love Nectar
MAC Lustreglasses typically have a much sheerer and less sticky application than the Lipglasses. Love Nectar is a shimmery peachy pink shade that doesn't add too much color to my overly pigmented lips but I still love using it on its own. It looks especially beautiful over coral, pink, and peach lipsticks like MAC Ever Hip.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Lilac Pastelle
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses are some of the best drugstore lipglosses I've come across in a long time! They apply smoothly and are not the least bit sticky. I like to either wear Lilac Pastelle on its own to give my lips a bit of pale lavender color or over pale pink and lavender lipsticks like MAC Blooming Lovely or Barry M 129.

Chanel Glossimer in Constellation
Constellation is a lipgloss best worn over a lipstick. In the tube it appears to be a super shimmery peachy pink but the application is so sheer that all you see on the lips is the shimmer. I still wear it on its own sometimes because I find the multi-colored shimmers gorgeous, but it looks even more lovely when worn over a lipstick. And the sheer color of the lipgloss means that it will complement almost any lipstick color!

MAC Lipglass in Docile
Docile is a shimmery, icy pinky lavender that looks beautiful over lavender and pale pink lipsticks. Lately I've only been wearing it on its own as I quite enjoy how it tones down my natural lip color a bit while also adding really pretty shimmer.

NARS Lipgloss in Strawberry Fields
I definitely saved the best for last :) Strawberry Fields is my first NARS lipgloss and I have to admit, I'm beyond impressed! It's a bright, juicy raspberry shade (maybe it should've been named Raspberry Fields?) that has nearly opaque coverage. There's no need to layer it over a lipstick as the gloss packs enough pigmentation to look gorgeous on its own. I think this shade will be perfect for fall/winter and for going out as an alternative to red lipstick.

What are some of your favorite lipglosses?



0 comments:

Post a Comment