Too Faced Glamour to Go: Spun Sugar Edition.

My most recent purchase was a spur of the moment, I-definitely-don't-need-it-but-I'm-definitely-going-to-buy-it-anyways kind of purchase, because I don't have enough of those, right? ;)

The Too Face Glamour to Go Palette: Spun Sugar Edition retails for $22 (I got mine at Ulta), and what appealed to me most were 1)the eyeshadows and 2)the size. I saw Temptalia's review of this palette not long ago, and I immediately fell in love with the shade on the far right on the top row for some reason. What can I say? I love my taupes :D And the size thing is kind of silly, actually. It seemed like the perfect purse-sized palette, which seems fantastic except for the very small, yet important, detail that I don't carry any makeup in my purse besides lip products. Regardless, it's also a great sized palette for travel, especially if you tend to travel light with a small makeup bag.



Top row - All four shades are metallic, with shades 1 and 3 being a bit chunky and shades 2 and 4 being smooth.

Bottom row - Shades 1 and 3 are smooth metallics, while shades 2 and 4 have more of a matte base with a bit of tiny glitter laced through.

Top row of shadows are swatched on the left; bottom row swatched on the right.

In terms of pigmentation, the only shades I had issues with were the 1st and 3rd shades (1st and 3rd in swatch photo and in the top row) and the last shade (last in swatch photo; far right in bottom row). Shades 1 and 3 were not very pigmented and seemed a bit chunky when swatched , but both apply smoothly. The last shade lacks a bit of pigmentation, as do many of the black-based eyeshadows on the market. It just doesn't swatch or apply as richly as it appears in the pan.


In a pull-out compartment, there is a pale gold highlighter, a seemingly shimmery pale gold lipgloss, and a slightly orange-toned bronzer with gold shimmer. Honestly, these were not the star products for me, nor were they meant to be, as I said earlier that I bought the palette mainly for the shadows. The highlighter is nice, nothing to really write home about, the lipgloss applies practically clear so it's useless in my book, and I actually quite like the bronzer, but I just wish it was a bit easier to blend.



It's tiny - about hand size! Perfect for glamour on the go indeed. The packaging is pretty tacky, but hey, you can't win them all, now can you?

Overall, this palette is definitely not a must-have. I have it now, so I'm going to use it, but if you have a lot of palettes/eyeshadows already, I wouldn't recommend it. And if the eyeshadows don't interest you at all, I'd definitely skip the palette altogether as I feel there are much, much better highlighters and bronzers out there.

This palette served its purpose at the time as a quick pick-me-up......but that's about it. Back to my LORAC PRO Palette! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment