Drugstore Gems from Revlon and Rimmel.

The crème finish from Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick line just gets me every time. It's moisturizing, pigmented, and ridiculously smooth. Though I've been on the hunt specifically for the perfect wintery fig lip shade, I couldn't resist when I saw Teak Rose, a rich terracotta rose, if there is even such a thing as terracotta rose. It's the perfect winter pink.



The lipgloss is from Revlon's Colorburst line, and the shade is appropriately called All That Glitters. It's a gloss that is essentially a clear base that is loaded with so much multi-colored glitter that it ends up looking like a shimmery grey with the slightest green undertone in the tube. Granted, green doesn't sound like the most flattering lip shade ever, but rest assured, on the lips as a lipstick topper, all you see is the gorgeous glittery finish. If disco ball lips is your thing, you need this gloss :)



As you can see from the swatches, Teak Rose is quite pigmented and dark, so I like to dab it on my lips for more subtle color and top it off with just a bit of All That Glitters for daytime. If I was going out at night, I might consider adding more of the gloss to really make my lips sparkle :) It's the perfect lipstick topper and a must-have gloss for the holiday season!


Another drugstore gem I've been obsessed with is Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 025 Sun Glow. I've had this bronzer for quite a while now, and I can't recommend it enough. It's definitely my favorite drugstore bronzer ever!



Sun Glow is a shimmery, medium bronzer with a slightly orange/reddish undertone. I find that the shimmer leaves more of a natural sheen on the skin rather than an actual shimmery effect, and I love the slightly reddish undertone because I think it mimics the natural color of sunkissed skin better than a cool-toned bronzer can. I like using it with either my MAC 187 or my Real Techniques Multitasking Brush, and I find the bronzer really buildable, easy to blend, and natural looking.

Heavily swatched (left) and blended in.

Here, I have Sun Glow dusted across my cheekbones, on my temples, and around my jawline. I don't have any blush on in this picture because I wanted you to be able to see how the bronzer looks on its own. Quite natural, no?

What drugstore gems are you currently using?


0 comments:

Post a Comment