OPI Russian Navy: The Perfect Blurple?

I was on the hunt specifically for a beautiful, shimmering blurple polish (aka a blue-purple, or in this case, more like a purpley blue, but 'plue' just sounds silly :P), and when I laid eyes on OPI Russian Navy, I knew it had to be mine. 

Russian Navy is a navy based polish that is laced with tons of red micro-shimmers that ends up making the overall shade lean violet, because we all know blue + red = purple, right? :)

Now, the slightly disappointing part. I bought it because it screamed blurple to me, but once applied, it looks much less purple than it does in the bottle and the shimmer is much less noticeable. Honestly, on its own, it just looks navy (a beautiful navy, but still...), but when compared side-by-side to other blue polishes (I compared my nails to my friend's blue nails one day), it actually does still look quite purple in comparison.


Like most all OPI polishes I've tried, Russian Navy lasts a solid 5 days without chipping for me, which is quite good in my book :)

What's your favorite blurple polish?


0 comments:

Post a Comment