Covergirl Sheerly Nudes.

I was perusing the aisles at the drugstore the other night, and the Covergirl Eye Enhancers Quad in Sheerly Nudes caught my eye, which is odd because it literally looks like the most basic and boring eye palette ever. However, I've been quite into nude, everyday eye makeup lately and relying on slightly dramatic winged liner instead to spice everything up.



When swatched over unprimed skin, I find that all four shades are quite powdery, and the three lightest shades are also a bit chunky. None are intensely pigmented. However, applying it to my lids over UDPP seems to fix the powdery issue, and surprisingly, I don't actually experience any fallout. As far as pigmentation is concerned, all 4 shades have decent pigmentation when used over UDPP. The three lightest shades are quite pale anyway, so those with medium or darker skin tones may have a hard time getting them to show up.

Not that you can really tell, but I have the third shade on my lid, the second shade in my crease, the first shade in the outer v/crease, and the fourth shade on my browbone.

Overall, I actually really like the subtle nude, taupey eye makeup paired with winged liner. I feel that the two complement each other perfectly, and the slight shimmer in the eyeshadows keeps it from looking too boring. 

Are they the best shadows ever? No, but for just under $5, it's a palette I wouldn't mind traveling with or chucking in my handbag for whatever reason because it's not a huge loss if something happens to it. 

What do you guys think? Versatile nude palette or just painfully boring?


0 comments:

Post a Comment