My Favorite Kind of Tangerine.

Burberry has to be one of my favorite high-end makeup brands ever, although, as many of you may already know, I also quite like Dior. I've only tried Burberry's eyeshadows and blushes, but my god, they are phenomenal.

My first and only Burberry blush is the much hyped about Tangerine, and seeing as how I bought it several months ago and it made the cut as being one out of only three blushes I brought with me to California for the holidays, it's about time it received some spotlight here on the good ol' bloggy blog.

Tangerine is a matte, warm, mid-toned peachy pink. I hate describing blushes as "peachy pink" because those two words together make up what I believe may be the most overused blush describing phrase in the history of blush.........describing (???). However, in this case, "peachy pink" seems to be the most fitting description that comes to mind. 

It has a gorgeous, silky smooth texture that is soft without being powdery. It has excellent pigmentation while still maintaining blendability. When I wear it, I just feel as though it melts into my skin and enhances my complexion without looking like an intentional blush shade, if you know what I mean. It's a fantastic everyday blush for light to medium skin tones.

Though a shade like Tangerine doesn't seem the most unique, upon closer inspection, I realized that I don't actually own any dupes for it. 
Clockwise from left:
Tarte Exposed
NARS Luster
Burberry Tangerine
Korres #15 Natural

L to R: Exposed, Luster, Tangerine, Natural

In comparison to a few of my other natural, everyday type of blushes:
Exposed is a matte, mauvey brown/nude (a bit darker and quite a bit pinker than Tangerine)
Luster is a golden peach with gold shimmer (lacks pink tones and has shimmer)
Tangerine is a matte, warm, mid-toned peachy pink
Natural is a pinky/peachy beige with a soft sheen (less pink and more brown, and has a sheen)

Though a $42 blush may not be the most affordable option for many people, if you are looking for a worthy splurge item, or perhaps looking to add an item onto your Christmas wishlist, I would highly recommend checking out the Burberry blush line. Like Tangerine, most of their shades are not the most unique shades on the market, but they are the types of shades you'll find yourself using again and again and again, and to me, that makes the $42 price tag much more justifiable :)

Have you tried any Burberry blushes? If so, which shade is your favorite?


0 comments:

Post a Comment