Top Picks from the Drugstore.

I'll admit that I love MAC and Sephora just as much as the next makeup addict, but I also know that you can find some really great things at the drugstore too, and at much more affordable prices. Here are a few of my favorite products found at my neighborhood drugstore...



e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
$3
This duo appears to be a dead ringer for the NARS Orgasm & Laguna duo but for less than 1/10th the price. The blush is actually quite different from Orgasm as it's less pigmented, lighter, and peachier. I would consider the bronzer, however, a fantastic drugstore dupe for Laguna as the colors are nearly identical with the main difference being that Laguna has more shimmer and sheen.

Sonia Kashuk Tinted Moisturizer in Linen
$13
You can read my mini review here but basically, I love this stuff.

Wet 'n' Wild Vanity Palette
$5
I only paid half-price for this palette at Walgreens but by no means would I hesitate to pay full-price for it either. The fact that it has 3 matte shades and 3 shimmery shades makes this palette extremely versatile. And on top of that, the quality and pigmentation of the shadows are fantastic! You can see swatches here.


Milani Liquif'Eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil
$5.50
I have a Black and a Brown one and while neither are really metallic at all, they are fantastic drugstore eye liners. They apply similarly to Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils in that they go on extremely smoothly without any tugging of the skin since the pencil is quite soft. They are also super pigmented.

L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Fairest Nude
$5
Fairest Nude is the perfect nude for those who are anti-nude lips. On me, it looks more like a slightly paler version of "my lips but better". It applies smoothly and feels really comfortable on the lips. Since it's one of my favorite lipsticks and is so darn affordable, I'll let the old lady lipstick smell slide, just this once. You can see a lip swatch here.


Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Mascara
$6.50
I like to switch up my mascaras quite a lot as I get bored with them easily and like to try new things, but I've repurchased this one several times. In addition to this one being affordable, it's really black, lengthens, volumizes, and doesn't flake off or smudge throughout the day. My only qualm is that the huge brush means it's much more likely that I'll accidentally smudge mascara onto my eyelid since my lashes are so short :/

L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner
$8
Before this I pretty much only used pencil and gel eye liners since finding out early on in my makeup wearing days that I was liquid eyeliner challenged. The felt tip is relatively stiff but with the perfect amount of flexibility to allow for easy liquid eyeliner application. Once applied, it lasts all day.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Lilac Pastelle
$6
This is, hands down, one of my favorite drugstore lipglosses ever. It applies with as much pigmentation as I would expect from a MAC lipglass but without any of the stickiness. Lilac Pastelle also happens to look lovely when paired with Barry M 129 or MAC Blooming Lovely.

L to R:
e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
L'Oreal Fairest Nude Lipstick
Milani Liquif'Eye in Black
Milani Liquif'Eye in Brown
L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense
Revlon Lilac Pastelle Lip Gloss

0 comments:

Post a Comment