I ♥ Benefit Hoola

I had been lusting over Benefit Hoola for quite some time now and was super excited when I was able to pick up a brand new one from a blog sale for a bit cheaper than I would've paid at Sephora.



Hoola has been described by many a makeup fanatic as the perfect matte bronzer, and I would have to agree. The powder is soft and finely milled, and the color is so natural and flattering that it also doubles as the perfect contour shade.

Here I am without blush, bronzer, or contour:


Here I am after getting some help from Hoola (still blush-less though):


                                  Without Hoola                                 With Hoola
(Not sure why my camera decided to change the lighting :/ )

I know that the photos don't quite capture how dramatic the difference is but in real life, a quick sweep of Hoola as a contour followed by a simple dusting of it on the cheeks and forehead as a bronzer brings much needed life back into my face. 

Since Hoola is a matte bronzer, you don't need to worry about shimmer-overload when you use it all over your face like you do with some other bronzers. In case you're wondering, I've been applying it with my Sigma F50 brush (MAC 187 dupe), and as long as you simply concentrate on not using too much in order to avoid making your skin look muddy, I think that Hoola will be a flattering bronzer on most skin-tones.

What is your favorite matte bronzer?


0 comments:

Post a Comment