Plums and Wines.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't always follow seasonal makeup trends. I just use what I want, when I want to use them. If that means using coral blush in the middle of winter then so be it :) However, when the cooler weather starts to roll in (65 degrees Fahrenheit...brrr!) and the leaves start to change colors (not in California, or course, but I would imagine it's happening somewhere!) it often makes me want to reach more for certain colors over others. Right now, it happens to be plums and wines.


The eye and cheek products
Clockwise from bottom:
MAC Mineralize blush in Fad-dabulous
Bella Sugar Cosmetics eyeshadow in Bad Girl
MAC blush in On a Mission
Bella Sugar Cosmetics eyeshadow in Little Miss Spookiness
MAC eyeshadow in Plum Dressing
MAC eyeshadow in Sketch

L to R:
Bad Girl (shimmery grey-purple)
Little Miss Spookiness (shimmery, deep eggplant)
Plum Dressing (shimmery, pink plum)
Sketch (reddish purple)
Fad-dabulous (plummy coral)
On a Mission (pinky mauve)

(Fad-dabulous looks a lot more plummy and mauvey in the pan but when swatched, it looks much more coral than plum. Oh well. It's still gorgeous nonetheless.)

The lip products
L to R:
Kiehl's lip gloss in Black Raspberry
MAC glimmerglass in Blackfire
Hourglass Extreme Sheen lipgloss in Primal
MAC lipglass in Revenge is Sweet
MAC lustreglass in Decorated
Essence lipgloss in Lunch at Cullen's
MAC lipstick in Media
Chanel Rouge Hydrabase lipstick in Mirobolant

L to R:
Black Raspberry (terracotta red)
Blackfire (sheer eggplant with purple reflects)
Primal (shimmery wine)
Revenge is Sweet (pinky purple jelly)
Decorated (shimmery burgundy)
Lunch at Cullen's (bright, red wine)
Media (intense, reddish purple)
Mirobolant (pinky plum with golden sheen)

I got Chanel Mirobolant from my mom because she used to love this color and gave me her back-up after she stopped wearing it. It's such an unusual color and really difficult to describe. I'm not sure it really fits into the plum and wine category but I threw it in anyway :) 

Also, can you tell which other lip product doesn't really fit into the mix but I obviously just included it because it's new and exciting?



0 comments:

Post a Comment