When It Is Okay To Be Matchy Matchy.



Today's post will be a bit different than usual as today is a very special day. I don't normally talk too much about my own personal views on anything other than makeup and occasionally fashion on my blog, and today hopefully won't be too much different. I'm not here to shove my beliefs in anyone's face or to judge you if you disagree with me. All I want to do is raise awareness on a subject that is very important to me.


As many of you may or may not know, today is LGBT Spirit Day. It's not an event, rally, or protest. It's simply a day where we can all unite by wearing purple to honor and remember the LGBT youth who have recently chosen to end their lives as a result of bullying and to show our support for the many who continue to suffer from bullying each and every day simply for being "different." 


Regardless of your views on homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgenderism, I hope that we can all agree that bullying is wrong and never warranted, and something must change before more lives are lost. If you support this cause, I urge you to take a stance and put on your prettiest, frilliest purple little get-up...even if it is just to walk around the house in :)



You can read more about Spirit Day here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment