Eyeshadow Bases Galore!

I was looking at my makeup collection the other day and realized how many products I have to use as eyeshadow bases, and it's a lot! I occasionally use Urban Decay Primer Potion too (which is not included in this post because I forgot), but lately I've been favoring a few other products more.


MAC Paint Pots
Clockwise from top:
Coral Crepe (LE): deep red-coral
Soft Ochre: yellow beige
Bare Study: pale champagne

I like to use Soft Ochre for matte, natural looks and Bare Study for shimmery, natural looks. For dramatic smokey eyes or colorful looks, I prefer to use colored or white bases instead.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils
Top to bottom:
Black Bean: black
Milk: white
Cottage Cheese: pearl

Milk is great for almost any eyeshadow look because the white base really allows colors to pop. Black Bean can be used as a base for darker looks but must be smoothed over the whole lid since the soft and creamy texture doesn't allow much precision when applying it (For example, it's difficult to only apply it to the outer v).

MAC Greasepaint Sticks
Top to bottom:
Greengrease (LE): deep, shimmery mossy green
Zinc Zone (LE): shimmery charcoal grey
Dirty (LE): shimmery brown-taupe

All 3 of these are amazing bases for smokey eyes! Their tackier texture really allows shadows to adhere to them and last all day. Dirty is my favorite and I use it all the time. When I had issues with my NARS Pleasures of Paris shadows lasting on me, these Greasepaint Sticks were the only bases that worked!

Randoms
Clockwise from top left:
MUFE Aqua Cream #16 Pink Beige: frosty pink-champagne
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in R.S.V.P. (sample size): champange
NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone: golden beige

I actually don't really care for Pink Beige as a base because it makes my eyeshadows appear too frosty and they still crease on me. I prefer using it on its own instead. I've tried R.S.V.P. as a base plenty of times, and each time I find that my eyeshadow still creases so I don't think I'd ever even consider purchasing the full-sized version. NYX Skin Tone is similar in texture to a MAC Paint Pot, and the color is a bit darker than Soft Ochre. It's a decent base for the price but the Paint Pots are definitely better.

Swatches


Left to right:
MAC PP in Bare Study
MAC PP in Coral Crepe
MAC PP in Soft Ochre
NYX JEP in Cottage Cheese
NYX JEP in Milk
NYX JEP in Black Bean
MAC GPS in Greengrease
MAC GPS in Zinc Zone
MAC GPS in Dirty
MUFE AC in #16 Pink Beige
Benefit CCS/L in R.S.V.P.
NYX EB in Skin Tone

Overall, I think my favorite eyeshadow bases are MAC Paint Pots. They help my eyeshadow last all day without fading or creasing, and that's saying a lot with my oily skin! I think everyone needs Bare Study and either Soft Ochre (warmer skin tones) or Painterly (cooler skin tones) in their collection.

What are your favorite eyeshadow bases?



0 comments:

Post a Comment