Shopping My Stash.

Throughout the past few months, my makeup spending has done a complete 180. While I've still been buying makeup here and there, it's nowhere near as much as I was once buying just a few months ago. As a result of having less new toys to play with, I've been forced to shop my current makeup stash and revisit old products that I once loved but later neglected while I was lost in an I-must-buy-every-new-makeup-product-available frenzy.


Introducing my long lost loves:



MAC Girl About Town Lipstick
I had only worn this lipstick once, despite having owned it for several months. I was in the mood to wear a bright pink lip this past weekend and decided it would be the perfect time to bust out Girl About Town. To mute the color a smidgen to make it more day appropriate, I paired it with MAC Revenge is Sweet lipglass. You can kind of see it on my lips here.

Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in 001
This has been sitting in my makeup drawer for a while because it's the wrong color for me but I was too lazy to return it. I've been using this under my eyes to brighten the area a bit, a la Kim Kardashian. It does a great job since it's a shade or two lighter than my skin color.

Julie Hewett Camellia Balm Natural
This is a multipurpose balm, much like Rosebud Salve and the likes. I mostly use it on my lips but if I'm in a bind, it also does wonders for dry hands and skin. It also smells like fresh, juicy oranges!

MAC MSF in Perfect Topping
This, along with all of my other highlighters, has taken a back seat ever since I got Dior Amber Diamond. However, when I saw it in my makeup drawer the other day and randomly decided to swatch it, I was reminded of how pretty it was! It's a peachy champagne color that is one of the more finely milled MSFs MAC has released. It has none of the glittery chunkiness of MAC Soft & Gentle, for example. Gorgeous!

Left: Girl About Town
Right: Perfect Topping (blended)

Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation
I used to be all about this foundation until it started feeling too heavy on my skin once the weather got warmer. Now that it's finally starting to cool down for Fall, I've noticed that my skin is starting to become dry in certain areas and needs a thicker foundation than the tinted moisturizer I had been using. Although this is an oil free formula, it is also quite moisturizing and not drying in the least. I'm having to mix Vanilla Beige and Golden Beige at the moment which is kind of annoying, but all in all, I'm very happy that I've rediscovered this.

Urban Decay Naked Palette
If you have this palette then I'm sure you already know why it's amazing. If you don't have this palette, get it as soon as you're able to! I know it's still out of stock at a lot of retailers right now, but no need to freak out as it is a permanent item. The possibilities are endless with this palette and the quality of the shadows is superb. Enough said. Swatches here.




0 comments:

Post a Comment