Taking MAC Media Lipstick from Day to Night

I did my very first Back to MAC yesterday and since I was getting a freebie lipstick, lipglass, or eyeshadow of my choice, I decided to go ahead and choose something that was somewhat out of my comfort zone that I would normally hesitate to shell out the money for. I chose Media lipstick, an ultra-vampy satin finish color described by MAC as an "intense reddish-purple."


Media is a shade best worn in the Fall and Winter months at night or when going out since when it's applied opaquely from the tube, the color is extremely dark and much too harsh for work or daytime. 


Media for nighttime


However, when I applied it lightly from the tube, topped it off with a complementary gloss (in this case it was MAC Revenge is Sweet lipglass), then blotted some of the color off with a tissue, Media and Revenge is Sweet created a berry stain that was not only wearable but also very appropriate for Fall.


Media for daytime

All in all, I'm really happy I chose Media. It's a really great addition to my lipstick collection and is the complete opposite of my usual go-to nudes and pinks.



0 comments:

Post a Comment