♥ My Top 5: Bronzers ♥

I've only started becoming a bronzer fiend recently, so my bronzer collection is not as large or diverse as say, my blush collection. However, most of the ones I own, I love but if you have any suggestions for bronzers that I should add to my collection, feel free to leave them in the comments below :)


Clockwise from bottom left:
e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
Illamasqua Glint & Burnish
NARS Orgasm and Laguna Duo
N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder
Benefit Hoola

e.l.f. Bronzing Powder
This bronzer is a warm, medium brown that is nearly matte as it has the slightest sheen. It is pretty pigmented and applies smoothly to the skin. While I've definitely been underwhelmed by quite a few e.l.f. products in the past, I think that this duo is worth much more than $3.

Illamasqua Burnish
Burnish is golden bronze with a sheen. I like to use this when I'm not looking for too much color but am opting for more of a golden sheen, which is what Burnish gives me. It has good pigmentation and has nice texture, but the color does not make it an everyday bronzer for me.

NARS Laguna
Laguna is a cult classic and for good reason. It's a medium brown with a subtle shimmery sheen. It is flattering on most skin tones, although I've heard of some people complaining that it looks muddy on their skin. I've never experienced that issue, however, and I love Laguna as an everyday bronzer.

N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder
This is a matte light to medium brown with slightly orange undertones. I think it could potentially make you look a bit orange if you apply wayyy too much to your face, but in most cases, I find that the color is light and sheer enough on my medium skin tone that it really never happens. While I think it's a good bronzer for $3, it definitely lacks some pigmentation and the powder is not very soft. However, if you can overlook those two issues then I think this could be a good affordable, everyday bronzer.

Benefit Hoola
Hoola is a matte medium brown that would work on cooler and warmer skin tones. I love that it looks so natural when used as a bronzer because it's matte and the color is so flattering, but I also love that it can double as the perfect contour shade. Hoola also has the softest and smoothest texture out of all 5 bronzers mentioned in this post. You can read more about Hoola here.

Left to right:
e.l.f. Bronzing Powder
Illamasqua Burnish
NARS Laguna 
N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder
Benefit Hoola

What are you favorite bronzers and which ones should I try next?



0 comments:

Post a Comment