Wearable Smokey Eyes and Nude Lips.

Despite my makeup usually being very natural during the week when I go to work (have I mentioned for the 100th time yet that I'm not a morning person?), I still really enjoy smokey eyes too and since I really haven't worn much darker colors lately, I decided to give it a go today. As I'm sure you'll be able to tell from the photos below, though, it's still daytime so I wanted to keep the look wearable and not too going-out-ish. 



Face:
Origins VitaZing
MUFE F&B foundation in #20
Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Sand
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Base
Milani baked blush in Luminoso
Dior Amber Diamond

Lips:
Revlon l/s in Soft Nude 
MAC l/g in Boy Bait

It's so weird because when I first got Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude, I remember thinking it was a little too nude for my liking but I started using it again a few days ago and now, I think it's the perfect peachy-nude on me! I must have gotten a lot paler since I first got it. I'm NC25 right now and I think this combination of a peachy-nude like Soft Nude with a pinky-nude gloss like Boy Bait is kinda fabulous! Not too nude but not too dark either. 

Close-up of the lids...
Eyes:
UDPP
MAC e/s in Phloof! (lid)
Too Faced e/s in Ever After (crease)
Too Faced e/s in Smolder (outer v)
Milani Liquif'eye Pencil in Black
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara
Covergirl Lash Blast Volume mascara

The two Too Faced eyeshadows I used today are from the Eye Love palette that was (is?) a recent Sephora 500-point perk. They're my first Too Faced products, and I really like them so far! 

Also, I absolutely love Phloof! It's pretty frosty but when patted on with a MAC 239 as a lid color, I find that it really brightens up your eyes...perfect when you're doing a smokey eye but don't want it to be too dark and/or matte. I also find that using a MAC 224 to dust it under the eyebrow bone tones down the frostiness and just makes it a really pretty and natural highlight.

Do you like to wear smokey eyes paired with nude lips during the daytime or is it too much in your opinion?


0 comments:

Post a Comment