Blogger Interrogation: Bloomin' Beauty




The blogger: Danielle 


What is the first blog you remember following? 
Hmm, I believe it was Karen’s blog, Makeup and Beauty Blog. It was all downhill from there. I still enjoy her writing style. She is so creative and personable, and it helps that she takes stunning photos! 

What is the last blog you followed? 
I just started following a blog called Makeup By Celly when she was announced as the newest Wet n Wild Beauty Ambassador. She is stunning and creates some really unique looks! 

Without checking, how many lipsticks do you think you own? 
I have been hauling a lot of lipstick this year, so I would say 45 lipsticks. 

How many do you really own? 
Wow. I was really close, I own 52. I feel embarrassed saying that! How can I possibly have MORE on my wish list? Eep! 

You can only use 3 makeup products for the rest of your life. Which ones will they be? 
Wow, I am glad this is only hypothetical! How sad would it be to only use 3?! But, if I had to choose, the first would be my Givenchy Phenom’eyes Effet mascara because it really is the bomb dot com in the lash department. My MAC Pro long wear concealer will always be at my side as it is truly the longest wearing under eye concealer I have tried and provides excellent coverage to boot. The last one was a tricky one, but I’d say MAC Vegas Volt lipstick, because I would cheat and use it as a blush and a lip color. It is THE perfect coral shade and coral happens to be my favorite for cheeks and lips! 

You have to get rid of 3 of your makeup products right now. Which ones will they be? 
This is actually kind of easy; I think makeup fails tend to stick out more for me than all of my makeup successes (tell me I’m not the only one)! I would get rid of my Guerlain Meteorites because I don’t notice a difference when I use it. Plus, I find the smell of them to be a bit much. I would also ditch Benefit Powderflage because it doesn’t do anything in the way of brightening under the eyes and Bare Minerals Well Rested works so much better for me. Lastly, I would get rid of my Philosophy The Supernatural Superglossy lip gloss because it is utter lip gloss failure for me. It was expensive for the amount of product you get and it was in no way “super” glossy. I definitely have $3 lip gloss that’s better than this stuff is! 

What is your best makeup tip? 
Less is more, for everything you put on your face. Under doing it is always better than over doing it for me. I like it when a woman’s (or man’s) natural beauty shines through the makeup instead of being overpowered by it. 

What is your makeup pet peeve? 
I would have to say a tie between cartoon brows and stark lip liner. I just think it looks so unnatural! 

What is the worst makeup crime you’ve ever committed? 
LOL. I have probably committed several makeup crimes over the years, but the worst is probably when I was younger and thought I needed foundation (I have no idea why) and didn’t blend it in properly and had those stark lines on my jaw/neck. A relative actually pointed it out to me once! Can you say mortified?! 

What is one thing your readers don’t know about you? 
I am a total history and geography buff; they were by far my favorite courses to take in school. I read, watch tv shows, and travel to historical places to experience history and geography. My favorite periods of history would have to be the mid 1800s (Civil War era) and the mid 1300s (Black Plaque era). I just find the world to be such a fascinating place! I am going to cheat and add one more thing my readers may not know, and that is that you, Tiffany, were the one who inspired me to actually start my own blog in the first place. It’s odd (in a good way) and quite exciting to be featured on a blog I was reading a year ago in “lurkdom” :) 

Please link us to your favorite post.
This was a tough choice, but all said, I really like my 100th post. I like the picture quality of the swatches and it was just an all around fun post to write, in addition to being a bit of a sentimental milestone for me! 


Thank you to Danielle for letting us interrogate her! 

Thank you so much for the overwhelmingly positive response on my Blogger Interrogation series! It seems there are quite a few people interested in being interrogated and already, I have bloggers lined up again for the next several weeks so unfortunately, I won't be taking any more volunteers at this time. I'll be sure to let you guys know when I am! Thanks so much for understanding :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment