Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer.

Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is the only tinted moisturizer I've ever used and while I don't like to use it all of the time (depending on my skin's needs on that particular day), it remains a staple in my collection and is constantly being rotated into daily usage, especially in the warmer months when I can't be bothered to apply moisturizer and foundation. It's a fantastic, affordable tinted moisturizer option at only $12.99.

Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Linen



Someone asked me if mine was the 'old' or the 'new' formula and my answer to that is I simply don't know. I was unaware this tinted moisturizer had ever been reformulated. I purchased mine sometime last Summer, though, if that helps at all.

I've also heard that this tinted moisturizer is known to cause some people to break-out, but I have never broken out from it at all. But then again, my skin isn't typically sensitive or prone to breaking out from beauty and skincare products - it manages to do that all on its own! ;)

Notice the "light reflectors" described above.

Blended

I suppose I'd describe the finish as semi-matte, but the "light reflectors" make it look natural and luminous. It also has much more coverage than I ever expected from a tinted moisturizer - about medium coverage. I absolutely have to powder it (keep in mind I have very oily skin) in order to make it last all day.

This tinted moisturizer has neither a runny nor thick formula; it's somewhere in-between and is very easy to blend. For me, I find that it offers just the right amount of moisturization, but for people with normal and especially dry skin, you may want to use an additional moisturizer underneath. In case anyone is wondering about the scent, this one smells like a sunscreen. Also, I've never been known to be an 'Ingredient Nazi', but for those who are strict about using 'all-natural' and/or 'paraben-free' products, this is definitely not for you!

It has an SPF of 15, which is one of the many reasons I love this product for the warmer months when my skin definitely needs sun protection. I can't comment on whether or not the SPF creates a white-cast in flash photos, though, because I don't believe I've ever taken flash photos while wearing this before.

One major issue I have with this product is that it's only available in 4 shades, and Linen is the second to lightest shade. Considering it's a medium coverage product, it is necessary to find a shade that matches you, not just something that comes close, and I'm not sure everyone would be able to find one in this limited range. I'm about an NC25 right now and Linen is a great match for me. I also have the next shade up, Beige, which matches me better when I'm around NC30-32. 

Overall, I really like this tinted moisturizer and would absolutely recommend it to those who:
a) do not tend to break out from beauty/skincare products;
b) can find a match among the 4 shades;
c) want/need an affordable tinted moisturizer with a bit more coverage;
and
d) have normal to oily skin.

♥ 


0 comments:

Post a Comment