Two.

Unlike P10P in which I completely failed, I've been doing really well with Gloss-Out 2011 so far :) It's now the beginning of June and I've only just purchased my second lipgloss out of my allotted five.

Lipgloss #2 is...
Guerlain KissKiss Gloss in #800 Crystal Pearl

Photographing Crystal Pearl actually made me angry because it's a million times more gorgeous in real life! No matter how hard I tried, I just could not capture it in all of it's glory. It has a pink-purple-opal iridescence that is incredibly unique and unlike anything I've ever seen before. It looks white in the photo above but I can assure you, in real life, you can't miss its magnificent iridescence if you tried.

My attempt (but failure) to capture the iridescence.

The gloss itself has a clear base, but it doesn't actually apply 100% clear on your lips. It has so much tiny, tiny shimmer and iridescence that it actually provides some color - mainly a sheer, baby pink. You can see all of the rainbow shimmers in the gloss in the photo above, but notice how the gloss itself appears to be light pink in color. GORGEOUS.

Swatch-a-roos:
Bare lips



The gorgeous abundance of rainbow shimmer throughout the gloss is very reminiscent of Chanel Glossimers and unlike most lipglosses on the more affordable end of the spectrum that generally have much simpler, one or two-colored shimmer. I also find that the glossiness and multi-dimensionality created by the shimmer make your lips look really full and plump. Score!

While it's by no means affordable at a hefty $30.50, the gloss has beautiful packaging, is just barely sticky so that it actually has really good lasting power for a lipgloss (I'm talking if MAC Lipglasses were a 10 on the 'Sticky Lipgloss' scale, Guerlain KissKiss Glosses would come in around a 1-2), and smells really nice, although I can't really figure out what the scent is since I'm terrible at describing scents. I can say, though, that it smells just like an old Bourjois lipgloss I used to own, back when the brand was still available at Sephora.

 I purchased this particular shade because I figured it'd be extremely versatile as it would look amazing over just about any lipstick shade, but I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely it is on it's own as well since it does pack a bit of pinky color. Overall, I'm extremely happy with this purchase not only because it's even more beautiful than I had anticipated, but because it's incredibly unique and is more than deserving of being one of five glosses I purchase in 2011.

To everyone else who is doing Gloss-Out 2011, how are you all doing so far?


0 comments:

Post a Comment