Blush & Highlight-in-One.

I know I'm not just speaking for myself when I say that my makeup preferences go through phases. For example, I'll be obsessed with using brown eyeliner for a few weeks and all of a sudden when my obsession finally subsides, I won't reach for brown eyeliner at all.

 For some reason, I haven't been using any highlighters or illuminators lately, but it's not because I don't still love them - I mean, I practically sleep next to my Dior Amber Diamond just to make sure it's safe at all times! I think the reason I haven't reached for highlighter lately is because 1) I'm lazy (story of my life), and 2 ) I've been opting for blushes that seem to be able to do double-duty as blush and highlight.

Clockwise from left:
Accessorize Merged Blusher in #2 Starlet
MAC MSF in Stereo Rose
Benefit Bella Bamba
Benefit Sugarbomb


Left to right:
Accessorize Merged Blusher in #2 Starlet
MAC MSF in Stereo Rose
Benefit Bella Bamba
Benefit Sugarbomb


I apply these blushes the way I would any normal blush, by the way. I don't actually apply them as blush (apples of my cheeks) and then again as a highlight (on the tops of cheekbones). When I say that they serve as a blush and highlight in one, I simply mean that they have this way of just brightening up your complexion and giving your cheeks an illuminated glow, reminiscent of the glow achieved by using a blush and a separate highlighting product.

I think what sets these 'blush and highlight in one' type of blushes apart from other blushes is that they're best when they're pinks, peaches, or corals (in other words, not plums or browns because those colors usually aren't very illuminating), and when they have some sort of sheen (not matte). I prefer when the sheen isn't incredibly frosty (hello accentuated pores!) but rather, very tiny and smooth shimmer. Like these...

Do you have any blush & highlight-in-one products?


0 comments:

Post a Comment