The new neutral.


I've been battling a new non-beauty-related obsession lately...with the color YELLOW.

Striped top :: Gap


Ring :: H&M

Peep-toe flats :: Target

As far as the title goes, just hear me out - I literally wore those mustard-yellow flats everyday last week, and yes, I wore color too. I just feel like they go with everything and since neutrals are meant to go with everything too, does that make yellow a neutral as well?

Here's a list I've compiled of colors that go great with yellow:
Pink (very bright and Summery combo)
Green (earthy combo)
Blue (yellow adds a touch of girly-ness to blue)
Purple (love a good purple/yellow combo)
Orange (very, very Summery combo)
Red (a bit of a daring combo but still cute, nonetheless)

And of course it looks fantastic with these neutrals as well:
Grey
Tan
White 
Black

Sooo...isn't that nearly every color then? Why yes, I think it is. I think I'm unofficially declaring yellow the new neutral :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment