Makeup Collection & Room Tour!




Since my YouTube channel and beauty blog are almost a year old (so crazy!), I figured it was definitely time to film a tour of my makeup room! You may be wondering why I have a "makeup room" and rightfully so. Well, it just so happens there's a spare room attached to my bedroom, and since we already have a guest room (and our older house is lacking in closet space) Josh and I have moved some of our clothing in there. Lucky for me, I finagled a spot in the corner for my vanity too. ;)

Someday when we own a house I'll be able to go into full-on design mode. But for the time being, I'm focused on trying to find home decor that is budget-friendly and functional at the same time! The decor of my makeup room really centers around the Sloane desk and shelves from Crate & Barrel. I really love them because they're sleek and contemporary, but still provide a ton of storage space! A few of the other pieces in the room include a green botanical-themed oriental rug and large coral chest that I use to store jewelry and other souvenirs from my travels ;) Both of these pieces are hand-me-downs from my landlord and most of the tiny design elements in the room I've found at Michael's, flea markets and antique malls. Just goes to show you don't have to break the bank to create a room that is customized to your taste and budget!












The video below will give you a more detailed view of my room set-up and, of course, my makeup! I'm obsessed with my new clear acrylic drawers from Muji, which can be found on their website or one of their three NYC locations. I love how they allow all of my products to lay flat, so that I can see every bit of my makeup and nothing gets banished to the back of the drawer, never to be seen again..... Not the case with this organizer!

This room set-up has been working well for me, so well that I decided to make it my film room - again! If you've been watching since the beginning you know that I filmed a few videos in this room when I first started my channel. Those videos are pretty embarrassing so I'll just leave it at that. But I'm happy I have a "new" spot to film that's a little more personal and fits my personality. If you'd like to see more check out the video below! Hope you enjoy!


-Alli



0 comments:

Post a Comment