Blogger Interrogation: Beauty and the Geek


I'm super excited because this week, I'm finally interrogating a fellow science nerd. Yay! :D


The blogger: Siobhan/Shivvy/Shiv 


What is the first blog you remember following? 
The first blog I discovered was Laura’s (lollipop26) until then I don’t think I even knew the beauty blogging community existed – I thought blogs were a place for people to write about their (usually) boring lives! I already watched Laura on youtube and so it was natural for me to check out her blog! I’m really sad she doesn’t do it anymore but I totally understand that there is no point doing it if you don’t enjoy it! 

What is the last blog you followed? 
It was actually Jess’ from Don't Call Me Jessie after reading her Blogger Interrogation on this page :D 

Without checking, how many lipsticks do you think you own? 
I think about 10…I really love the idea of lipstick but I’m not the sort of person to wear them everyday so they are only for nights out/when I want to feel a bit special! 

How many do you really own? 
17…nearly double but still not too bad! Rediscovered some old favourites counting them :D 

You can only use 3 makeup products for the rest of your life. Which ones will they be? 
I couldn’t live without concealer for those under-eye circles – my current favourite is Collection 2000’s Lasting Perfection (and it’s so cheap!) but I think it’s only available in the U.K. so a good dupe is Maybelline’s Pure Liquid Mineral Concealer! Apart from concealer I would also have to have mascara to give a bit of oomph to my sorry excuses for lashes – I love Maybelline Falsies Black Drama – and as I’m a blush addict, Sleek’s Pixie Pink (if you can get your hands on it) is really awesome! 

You have to get rid of 3 of your makeup products right now. Which ones will they be? 
Eyeko Fat Balm in Raspberry (I think). I was so disappointed with this…first of all it was much smaller than I thought it was going to be and then it was too greasy to be used on the cheeks and too drying to be used on the lips (an oxymoron I know…). I was really excited by Maybelline’s 24h foundation but to be honest it was horrible and didn’t last – my first ever blog post was about how much I hated this but for some reason I still have it :S Lastly the E.L.F. All Over Cover Stick – I didn’t like the formula of this at all, I found it cakey and it didn’t last! 

What is your best makeup tip? 
This make up tip I picked up from Charlotte on her Lipglossiping blog – she’d had some advice from a make up artist to always leave a gap of about 2 fingers from your nose and your blush! I think before I read this I always applied waaaaaaay too much blush! Now I think it looks so much better and have even received a few compliments about it J Mainly though I think it’s important just to do what you like and not to care what other people think! 

What is your makeup pet peeve? 
Smudged eyeliner under the lower lash line that has migrated there from the waterline…and overpluked brows! Gah! 

What is the worst makeup crime you’ve ever committed? 
Foundation lines…I think I’m still sometimes responsible of this :(

What is one thing your readers don’t know about you? 
Hmm I dunno this is a really hard question! I always forget what I’ve mentioned in blogs! Well I guess I’ve said a lot that I work in a lab but maybe people don’t know that I’m actually studying for a PhD in Chemistry after finishing my degree last year! It’s something that takes a lot of work so I’m glad I have blogging/reading blogs to help me wind down :P 

Please link us to your favorite post. 
One of my favourites was my post on getting NYX in the U.K – it’s not readily available here (except through their very costly website) so I was really pleased to share my find. I also loved my Halloween make up post as it was so fun and easy to do! I can’t help but look at the photos and laugh.


Thank you to Shivvy for letting us interrogate her!

Thank you so much for the overwhelmingly positive response so far on my Blogger Interrogation series! It seems there are quite a few people interested in being interrogated and so far, I have bloggers lined up for the next few weeks so unfortunately, I won't be taking any more volunteers at this time. I'll be sure to let you guys know when I am (probably in a few weeks)! Thanks so much for understanding :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment