Concealing Dark Circles


If you keep up with me on YouTube you've probably already heard about my battle with under eye shadows. If not, the word "zombie" pretty much sums it up. For the longest time the entire process of erasing dark circles was shrouded in mystery for me. I was always told to use yellow or peach concealers for purple or blue-toned shadows. Although these products would cover, they didn't neutralize. My circles would always end up "peeking" through! My only option was to keep piling on more concealer, still leaving me with circles AND the dreaded "cakey" look underneath my eyes. Gah! So frustrating...

Then I was introduced to the world of color correctors...(cue the heavenly music). It's so much easier to experiment with different under eye concealers when you know that complimentary colors (those that are across from each other on the color wheel) can also neutralize each other when it comes to skin imperfections and makeup. I also thought that the half moons under my eyes had to be either purple or blue in color. Wrong again! My circles are actually more of a fleshy, brown color. Since a very cool pink sits across from brown on the color wheel, I started incorporating Benefit's Eye Bright pencil into my concealer routine.

**To make it even more confusing: Since brown is a neutral it doesn't have a precise complimentary color and it can be a variety of blue-based shades. Since my circles are more of a sallow, yellowy-brown, for me that shade becomes a cool violet-pink.**

In the video below I'll show you how I use my Benefit Eye Bright, how I match it to my skin tone, and the rest of my heavy-duty routine for canceling out those pesky under eye shadows!

In the meantime, take a look at the color wheel below to find your perfect concealer shade!!

Products Mentioned in the video:
Philosophy Miracle Worker Eye Cream
Benefit Eye Bright Pencil
MAC Select MoistureCover in NW20
Benefit Powderflage and Coastal Scents Sable Blending Brush






0 comments:

Post a Comment