My Leopard Z.


This little guy beats a MAC quad any day if only it weren't for the price.


This is the small Z Palette in the leopard print (obviously). It's made of sturdy cardboard and measures 3.8" x 3.8", while a MAC quad is plastic and measures 3" x 3". I don't have my MAC quad (mine was the old version, by the way) anymore because the hinge cracked then broke off a short while later so it was a goner, but I remember thinking I would never buy another one because it broke just sitting in my makeup drawer, never being carried around or anything - talk about delicate!

Although it's cardboard, my Z Palette feels really sturdy and well-made, and the magnet that keeps the lid closed and the one that holds the pans in place are both really strong as well. The clear plastic "window" is also quite firm and not flimsy or cheap feeling at all. I'm sure in time it'll show some wear and tear (especially around the corners) since it's made of cardboard, but to be fair, my plastic MAC quad didn't really hold up well either. I have no doubt my Z Palette will be able to withstand the test of time much longer than my MAC quad did.

It can hold 9 MAC eyeshadows.

It can also hold 5 MAC eyeshadows and 1 MAC blush. This is the main reason I wanted it, because in the off-chance that I want to travel light (like really light!), I like that I can have everything I need in terms of eyeshadow and blush in one, small palette rather than having to carry around a full-size MAC palette or large Z Palette. I've never taken the divider out of my MAC quad so I'm not sure how many eyeshadows it can hold in addition to a blush, but I'd bet money it's not 5.

Like I mentioned above, my only criticism of this baby is the price - it'll set you back $14 while a MAC quad costs a mere $6. In this case, though, I'm more than willing to fork over the extra $8 for cuteness, quality, and size :)

What's your favorite palette to use to carry eyeshadows/blushes in when travelling? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment