Celebratory P10P Slip-Up.


If you guys follow me on Twitter, you'll know that Wednesday was one of the most exciting days of my life because I found out that I was accepted into my top graduate school choice. I'm going to pharmacy school, in case you're wondering, but I don't want to really say where just for my own privacy's sake. Hope you can understand!

Anyway, I've worked really hard for a really long time to achieve this goal, so I decided to allow myself to say a quick little "Eff you!" to P10P and treat myself to a couple things :)

MAC Lipstick in Impassioned and Diorskin Nude Glow Healthy Glow Summer Powder in 001 Aurora

MAC Impassioned was a bit of an impulse buy because I was really only planning on grabbing Aurora as my 'celebratory purchase'. I was suddenly in the mood for a fun, bright lipstick pick-me-up and Impassioned was perfect for that. It's a gorgeous (GORGEOUS!!) neon watermelon shade with an amplified finish. I actually could see this working on nearly all skin tones from very fair to very dark - it's really just a matter of whether or not you're comfortable wearing such an in-your-face lipstick shade. Just a word of caution, though: Don't apply it unless you're planning on actually wearing it for a while - it leaves a very noticeable stain on the lips!

Dior Aurora is a limited edition powder bronzer that is really more of a bronzer-blush hybrid in my opinion. It's a pinky-peachy-tan shade that is probably best for NC30 and lighter skin tones. I'm NC25 at the moment and have no issues whatsoever with it showing up on me. It has tiny, subtle gold shimmers throughout, but nothing that would ever make you look like a disco ball. It has a buttery smooth texture but not powdery at all. I can already see this being a staple product in my Spring/Summer makeup routine.

How utterly gorgeous is this packaging?! It comes with the standard Dior dust bag but this one is a bit different because it comes equipped with a nifty little pocket in the front that holds the cute little brush you see above. The brush actually feels really nice. The bristles are really soft and I definitely wouldn't be against using it if I had to. It's not the typical crappy brush that's normally included when you buy makeup products. For $46, the packaging and brush better be luxurious!

L to R:
Dior Healthy Glow Summer Powder in 001 Aurora
Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte
Bourjois Delice de Poudre in #52


Face:
Origins VitaZing
MUFE F&B foundation in #20
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC30
Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing concealer in 002 Beige
MAC MSFN in Medium Plus
Dior Aurora (as blush)

Eyes:
UDPP
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
UD e/s in Sin
UD e/s in Naked
UD e/s in Buck
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara

Lips:
MAC l/s in Impassioned

Close-ups...


What's new with you guys? I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted! :O


0 comments:

Post a Comment