Essie Mint Candy Apple.


As obsessed as I've been with mint everything lately, you'd be surprised to know that I didn't actually own a mint nail polish. I had used my sister's Revlon Minted in the past, but the horrifically thin and streaky formula left much to be desired. After far more contemplation than is normal for choosing a nail polish shade, I decided against China Glaze Refresh-mint and went with Essie Mint Candy Apple.


After studying swatches online, I decided on Mint Candy Apple because I thought the blue-ish undertones really made it unique and set it apart from all the other generic mint nail polishes. Although Essie polishes can sometimes be a bit of a hit or miss as far as formulation goes, Mint Candy Apple is one of the good ones, needing only 2 coats to look perfectly smooth and opaque.


Essie has been my go-to nail polish brand as of late, as my nail polish obsessions have consistently moved from one Essie polish to the next - first with Chinchilly, then Lilacism, and now Mint Candy Apple. For those who have been told to steer clear of the brand due to the possibly of streaky and thin formulas, I'd suggest you look up reviews and swatches of specific shades you're interested in before purchasing them. I've done this nearly every time and I haven't purchased a dud yet :)

Who else is obsessed with mint? What's your favorite mint nail polish?


0 comments:

Post a Comment