My Top 10 Beauty Products.


I was tagged by J. from Lil Lady's Life to talk about my top 10 beauty products, and I was super excited because I love doing 'My Top ____' and 'My Favorite ____' type of posts :D

Here we go...

1:: Dior Amber Diamond. Some people really love this; others think it's overrated. For me, it happens to be my favorite highlighter of all time. It's not too subtle but also not too disco ball...it's just perfect for me :) Link to swatch here.

2:: Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte. I have a feeling this shade may be a bit too light for me if I get any color in the Summer, but since I'm usually pretty pale nowadays, not only is this particular shade perfect for me, but the powder is so smooth, easy to blend, and natural looking. Love. Love. Love. Link to swatch here.


3:: Korres Blush in #15 Natural. I said back in late-December/early-January that this was my favorite blush of 2010, and it still remains a staple in my collection. It goes with everything (makeup and clothes), and I just find the color incredibly flattering on my skin tone. Link to swatch here.


4:: Origins VitaZing. I love this more and more every time I use it. Even when I'm not suffering from any breakouts, my skin is still really dull and just...blah. VitaZing not only adds moisture (it's a moisturizer, after all), but it adds luminosity and radiance to my skin. I don't experience any greasiness with it either, but I always make sure to powder over it, even if I'm not wearing any real foundation. Link to review here.

5:: Make Up For Ever Face & Body Foundation in #20. It's my HG foundation. Link to review here.

6:: Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette. I think the photo says it all, really. I've more than hit pan all the 3 concealers in the palette (the powder has a noticeable dip in it as well), and I already have another palette on reserve in the depths of my makeup drawer :) Link to review here.


7:: MAC 217 Brush. While I love a lot of my eye brushes and will continue to use them, this is the only eye brush I really need. It's the ultimate multi-tasking eye brush (and concealer brush!), and it's defintely a must-have, in my opinion!

8:: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. I've used drugstore eyelash curlers in the past (a Revlon one and something else), and they all broke after a short while and never worked as well as this Shu Uemura one to begin with. I have relatively short and extremely straight lashes (not a curl in sight!) so curling is a must, and this curler is the best I've tried.

9:: Urban Decay Primer Potion. Having oily skin also means I have oily eyelids, which means that eye makeup can have a tendency to crease and not last as long on me. Not only does UDPP make my eyeshadow and eyeliner last all day without any creasing or fading, it also helps to enhance the color and vibrancy of my eyeshadows. 


10:: Carlson's Norwegian Cod Liver Oil (lemon flavor). I realize this one is kind of the odd ball in my top 10 list, since it's neither makeup nor a tool to aid in the application of makeup. I had to include it, though, because it has caused such a vast improvement in the state of my skin. I use this in conjunction with a few different products for my acne, but I have no doubt that the key players in the clear-up and control of my acne were/are this (2 tablespoons taken each day) and La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (used 2x a day for the first few months and now down to 1x a day). 


I don't like to tag people for tags, usually, because I don't want them to feel pressured to do the tag if they don't want to. Sooo...if you'd like to do this tag, please feel free :) 

 You can also tell me your top 10 beauty products in the comments below if you'd like :D


0 comments:

Post a Comment