Blogger Interrogation: Bug's Beauty Blog


The blogger: Bug


What is the first blog you remember following? 
My memory isn’t the best but some of the first blogs I remember following are Temptalia, Xina Rox, Lipstick Rules and Pretty in the Desert and they’re still some of my favourite blogs to read! 

What is the last blog you followed? 
Blogger has been going crazy on me so I’ve had to re-follow a lot of blogs in the last week but I think Fables in Fashion was the latest. I appreciate blogs with clean layouts and high quality photos and Celina’s blog has that in abundance plus it helps that she’s super talented and a fellow Aussie ;) 

Without checking, how many lipsticks do you think you own? 
I would say 30 maybe? 

How many do you really own? 
44 which worries me as an average makeup consumer but as a beauty blogger I say there’s always room for more! 

You can only use 3 makeup products for the rest of your life. Which ones will they be? 
1. Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation because it works well as both a foundation and a concealer and it makes your skin look fantastic! 

2. NARS Taj Mahal blush because it’s the most stunning colour which looks fabulous with any look. 

3. And lastly, some type of liquid liner because I’m a liquid liner addict! Shiseido’s Automatic Fine Eyeliner is my Holy Grail liquid liner when I can afford to splurge and NYX’s Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Black has become my new budget friendly favourite. 

You have to get rid of 3 of your makeup products right now. Which ones will they be? 
I have a green (yes green!) lip gloss from L’Oreal which I was sent as a free gift with purchase and which smells horrible and looks even worse so that would be first to go! 

Next would be my NARS Sparkling Loose Powder in Gold Rush which I purchased after watching a YouTube video by the Sublime Agent and which I have never actually used. It’s beautiful but I have better highlighters for my cheeks and I never powder my *ahem* décolletage so this product has been sitting in a drawer unloved. 

My last one would be my Guerlain Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl liner which I purchased on a whim because the bottle was so pretty but I have never figured out how to use it without getting a whole heap of kohl in my eye! 

What is your best makeup tip? 
This is one of those clichéd lines but ‘Less is more’.  

I always used to hear this line and think ‘uhmm no, more is more!’ but with age I’ve realized that good products are ones which perform well without you having to pack on a whole bunch of it! 

I’ve also realized that packing on the makeup usually does nothing but emphasise whatever it is you’re desperately trying to conceal. 

What is your makeup pet peeve? 
Ok, I have to confess that I have a lot of makeup pet peeves, so much so that I dedicated a whole post to it but my most hated one is unblended foundation. 

The worst case of this that I’ve ever seen was when I used to work in retail and a girl came in to the store who had used a foundation 2 shades too dark that was super orange and applied it like a mask with it covering her lashes AND lips. I’m still scarred K

What is the worst makeup crime you’ve ever committed?
 Lol, in the whole of my makeup wearing years I’m sure I’ve committed lots of makeup crimes including lipstick on teeth and mascara on my eyelids but my longest makeup crime was back when I first started wearing makeup and became guilty of the unblended foundation. 

This continued for a while until a kind friend took me aside one day and tough-loved me into realizing that the foundation I thought looked so flawless and ‘like I’m wearing no foundation at all’ was actually flawed to a major degree! That was right around the time I discovered the importance of good lighting when applying foundation. 

What is one thing your readers don’t know about you?
 I guess I don’t really share a lot of things about me on my blog so there’s a lot my readers probably don’t know about me but one thing is that Bug is my actual nickname.  My friends have been calling me Bug for years and I use it as my blog name because it allows me to maintain a certain degree of anonymity without feeling like I’m using a fake identity. 

Please link us to your favorite post. 
My blog is a mish mash of many things but EOTD’s are definitely my favourite posts to do and two of my favourite ones are: 
1. my Nicki Minaj inspired Smokey Teal EOTD because it won me second prize in my first makeup competition and
 2. my Sunset inspired look because it was the first time I’d really properly started experimenting with bright colours and I haven’t looked back since.  

 Thank you to Bug for letting us interrogate her!


Thank you so much for the overwhelmingly positive response on my Blogger Interrogation series! It seems there are quite a few people interested in being interrogated and already, I have bloggers lined up again for the next few weeks so unfortunately, I won't be taking any more volunteers at this time. I'll be sure to let you guys know when I am! Thanks so much for understanding :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment