Blush & Bronzer-in-One.

After posting about blush & highlight hybrids, it seemed only fitting to post about hybrids of the blush-bronzer sort as well :)

Clockwise from far left:
Dior Nude Glow Healthy Glow Summer Powder in Aurora
Korres Blush in #15 Natural
The Body Shop Baked-to-Last Bronzer in 01
MAC Mineralize Blush in Light Over Dark
MAC Blushcreme in Pleasureful


Left to right:
Dior Nude Glow Healthy Glow Summer Powder in Aurora
Korres Blush in #15 Natural
The Body Shop Baked-to-Last Bronzer in 01
MAC Mineralize Blush in Light Over Dark
MAC Blushcreme in Pleasureful

Dior Aurora has to be the most talked about blush-bronzer hybrid in recent months. Its smooth texture and flawless finish with a slight sheen are nothing short of heavenly. I believe it's meant to be a bronzer first and foremost, but its strong peachy-tan with a hint of pink undertone makes it a fantastic, Summery blush as well. When you apply it, you'll realize how great of a blush-bronzer-in-one it is because you'll be confused as to whether you should add a blush or bronzer to it, and that's simply because in actuality, you need neither as it is perfect on its own :)

I am still under the impression that despite talking it up so much on my blog, I am still the only person that has and likes Korres #15 Natural for some reason...fine by me, I guess :D It's a slightly shimmery neutral, pinky-brown blush that has a gorgeous sheen rather than true shimmer. I'm not sure what else there is to say about this blush that I haven't already said in the past, but it truly is the perfect neutral blush for me in that it flatters my skin tone at both its fairest and most tan, and it complements any and every makeup look.

The Body Shop baked bronzer in shade 01 is a bronzer (obvi!), but I find that it's much more flattering when it assumes more of a blush role than a bronzer role because it is SO shimmery! In my opinion, it really isn't suitable used as a traditional bronzer, unless you're going for the tanned disco ball look. When used just on the cheeks as you would a blush, however, it gives a beautiful, albeit potentially dramatic, golden glow to the skin. I find it's the most flattering on medium to darker skin tones and is more appropriate when used in the Summertime, especially on nights out.

Next is by far the most shimmery/glittery of the lot, and it is MAC Light Over Dark. The swatch is of both halves swirled together. It's more shimmery, golden, and orange-toned than The Body Shop bronzer, but the idea is the same for me. I sometimes find its shimmer a bit excessive, so I would definitely reserve it for nighttime use only nowadays.

Lastly, we have MAC Pleasureful, a shade that unfortunately, was discontinued even before the Blushcreme line was discontinued :( My lovely friend Danielle found this one for me at a CCO...thanks, Danielle! Pleasureful is a rosy, peachy-tan cream blush. I find that when I apply it, it appears much more peachy-tan than it does rosy like it does in the swatch. It isn't a bronzer at all, but the warmth it gives to the cheeks makes bronzer unnecessary, in my opinion.


What are some of your favorite blush-bronzer hybrids?


0 comments:

Post a Comment