A Popular Combo (apparently).

I picked up the Wet n Wild eyeshadow trio in Walking on Eggshells last week and as I was admiring how pretty the brown crease shade was,  I couldn't help but notice its seemingly striking resemblance to NARS Fez, a shade I have from the Pleasures of Paris palette.

After I opened up my NARS palette to compare the two side-by-side, however, I was like, 'Whoa.' (I never claimed to have a high level of vocabulary ;)

Wet n Wild Walking on Eggshells (left) and NARS Pleasures of Paris

Don't the pink, brown, and white shades in the NARS palette look surprisingly similar to the shades in the Wet n Wild palette?

Left to right:
WnW 'Eyelid' shade
NARS Nepal
WnW 'Crease' shade
NARS Fez
WnW 'Browbone' shade
NARS Abyssinia

While the pairs of shimmery, beigey pink shades and warm, shimmery brown shades aren't exactly the same, the two pearly white, highlight shades are basically dupes.


I have yet to actually use the WnW trio on my lids but based on swatches, all 3 shades are buttery smooth and fantastically pigmented. I doubt those qualities won't transfer when the product is put to use, but I'll keep you posted just in case :) 

I find that the NARS shadows always look a lot nicer when used on the lids than in swatches, for some odd reason. They're not as soft as the WnW shadows, which is why you may be able to notice that the NARS swatches aren't as fluid towards the bottom of the swatch.

Anyway, if you always wanted half of the NARS Pleasures of Paris palette (hey, you never know), then I'd highly recommend checking out this Wet n Wild trio for only $3!


0 comments:

Post a Comment