Blogger Interrogation: emmabovarybeauty



The blogger:  Emma

The blog:  emmabovarybeauty

What is the first blog you remember following?
I began close to home when I began following Ponikuta who lives in Melbourne. It’s still the first blog I click on each morning, Valerie is an amazing blogger!

What is the last blog you followed?
I recently stumbled across ‘Turn on the Redlight’ which is a UK based blog with a great mix of hauls, reviews and swatches. I like the blogs I read to have a good mix of all of these, that way there is always something fresh to see!

Without checking, how many lipsticks do you think you own?
I would say 30...and I’m nervous to count them, as I’ve gone a bit lipstick-mad lately..

How many do you really own?
I counted 49 in my lipstick drawer, but didn’t venture into my handbag. Did not realise I had that many!

You can only use 3 makeup products for the rest of your life. Which ones will they be?
Life would be so boring without a million choices every morning! But if I had to choose, my Bourjois Healthymix foundation is a life saver. It’s so easy to apply and is great at evening out my skin without drying it out. Also smells amazing, which is a plus in my books! The second would have to be my Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Coral Crush- this never photographs as well as it looks in reality, because this baby is a stunner! As a stain or a full bright lip, this is the one I wear and love most. Third choice is a tough one…though MAC’s Retrospeck eyeshadow was tempting, I’d go with a blush. NYX Peach would probably be the one, because it is so hard to overdo and makes it a handbag essential. It’s long lasting and natural looking, and rounds out the 3 products that are my essentials!

You have to get rid of 3 of your makeup products right now. Which ones will they be?
I have a sample of Smashbox Photo Op Under- Eye Brightener, and I’d toss that because I’m just not loving it. I’d also toss my Revlon matte lippy in Nude Attitude, I’m far too pale for it and it makes me look like an ugly corpse- not what I am for with lippies! The last item I would throw is my Burts Bees lip balm. It’s just too hard for me to work with, so I never reach for it.

What is your best makeup tip?
It’s a simple one- wear what makes you smile! (And always wear blush)

What is your makeup pet peeve?
I think it would be mascara dotted above the eye. My lashes are long enough that if I open my eyes wide straight after applying mascara I get a line of them on my brow bone, it is extremely annoying. Don’t like the look on others either, obviously! Other than that I’d say the usuals- dark lip liner, too-dark foundatuon, and thin brows!

What is the worst makeup crime you’ve ever committed?
Overbronzing to the max- I was once a fair-bear in denial and thought that loading up with bronzer all over (!) would fix the ‘problem’. Nowadays I embrace my skin tone, and have learnt to use bronzer sensibly, if ever at all.

What is one thing your readers don’t know about you?
I’m a literature nerd! My favourite books come out of the 1800’s, and my all-time love is Gustave Flaubert’s ‘Madame Bovary’. It’s my blogs namesake, and I adore it to bits.

Please link us to your favorite post.


Thank you to Emma for letting us interrogate her!

Thank you so much for the overwhelmingly positive response on my Blogger Interrogation series! It seems there are quite a few people interested in being interrogated and already, I have bloggers lined up again for the next several weeks so unfortunately, I won't be taking any more volunteers at this time. I'll be sure to let you guys know when I am! Thanks so much for understanding :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment