Newest Additions...


Illamasqua Bronzer Duo, Illamasqua Powder Blusher, CG Mineral Bronzer


Yesterday I walked into my local Sephora already knowing that I wanted the Illamasqua Bronzer Duo in Glint & Burnish, and I thought that I might want to try out one of their uber-pigmented blushes and lipsticks as well. I must've stood in front of the Illamasqua display for close to half an hour just staring at the makeup and swatching every single color on my hand. It got to a point where I had to clean off my hand with makeup remover just so I would have more room for new swatches! I narrowed down my blush options to the powder blushes because I figured that would suit my oily skin better.

Glint & Burnish (LOVE!)

I finally settled on Hussy, a bright pink. Ok, believe me, my lackluster description does not do this blush justice! It's darker than blushes I would normally go for and as with all Illamasqua products, it's extremely pigmented and needs only a light-handed application for everyday use. I have virtually no color on my cheeks naturally, and this blush makes me look fresh and healthy! Healthy? Yes, healthy because without blush I look washed out and ghostly and people tend to ask me if I'm feeling okay :/



Hussy



For size comparison (both actually have the same amount of product)


As for the lipsticks, I had a difficult time deciding on one because (Please bare with me as I can only vaguely remember what color looked like what since I had so many swatches on my hand!):
-while I liked both Brink and Obey, they reminded me of more pigmented and matte versions of MAC Ever Hip and YSL Rouge Volupte in #13 Peach Passion;
-Over looked like a matte version of YSL Rouge Volupte in #27 Rose Paris;
-and Test, a pinky nude, was totally up my alley but kind of boring, no?


So I left Sephora with the Bronzer duo and Hussy in hand and lipstickless. This was alright though because I had been eyeing the new Chanel Summer Collection Rouge Allures in Super(bright pink) and Genial(bright coral) so I headed on over to Nordstrom.


I walked up to the Chanel counter thinking that I wanted Super. With Ever Hip, Peach Passion, and Rose Paris, I kind of feel on a coral overload right now so I figured a bright pink would make a nice addition to my makeup collection. However, after trying both colors on my lips, Genial was definitely a better fit on my warm skin tone so I snagged it right up. Good thing too because the MUA told me as she was ringing me up that they didn't have any more Super in-stock so I would've had to wait a few days/weeks for her to hunt one down for me had I chosen to purchase it. 








Genial

My last item on the far right was actually a purchase from this past weekend when I was at Target. I had been wanting a bronzer for some time now and decided to try out the Cover Girl TruBlend Minerals Bronzer in 435 Golden Sunrise. First of all, the packaging is huge! Ok, not huge, but unnecessarily large. Definitely not good for traveling. Secondly, it's extremely messy. I didn't show a picture of the inside of the container because I really didn't feel like opening up that can of worms. Everytime I lift the lid, powder comes flying out into the air and spilling over the sides onto the counter top. This means a waste of product and a waste of time cleaning it up. 


I think I'll only end up using this when I have the time to deal with all the side effects but in all seriousness, it really is a nice bronzer. It can be a tad orange if you use too much, but it has the perfect amount of shimmer and pretty good pigmentation as well. Overall, I'm impressed with the product but less than impressed with the packaging.


Thanks for reading :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment