Makeup Rut: Avoiding Purples

I realized yesterday that my "safe" color in makeup is purple. Whenever in doubt, I always go for purple eye makeup. It feels less boring than brown neutrals since I can say that at least I'm "wearing color". However, I rotate between the same few purple shadows (Sketch, Plum Dressing, Trax, Beautiful Iris, etc.) every time I do this that eventually I start to think that boring old neutrals would be more exciting than my purple eye looks. This is my attempt at using a few different shadows in my collection, paying careful attention to avoid any shades that even remotely resemble purple...


Face:
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
Revlon Photo Ready Foundation in 005 Natural Beige
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in 02 Medium
MUFE HD Microfinish Powder
MAC blush in Peaches (Would you like the opportunity to win your very own Peaches? Enter my giveaway!)
MAC blush in Light Over Dark (light side only, dusted on top of Peaches)


Eyes:
MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
MAC e/s in Goldmine (lid)
MAC e/s in Coppering (blended from crease)
MAC e/s in Contrast (crease)
MAC e/s in Dazzlelight (eyebrow bone and tear duct)
Milani Liquif'eye Eye Pencil in Black
Maybelline Define-a-Lash in Blackest Black


Lips:
MAC l/s in Creme d'Nude
MAC l/g in C-thru








Whoa! Can you say Bad Hair Day?

Even I'm shocked I don't have purple on :D

What is your "safe" makeup color? What colors do you use to spice up your looks?

0 comments:

Post a Comment