LUSH Ocean Salt Review



I'd been wanting to try some LUSH products for quite some time now and finally placed an order online since I don't live near any of their stores.  I ordered three items which I will do separate reviews on as I am still testing out the other two.

First up is Ocean Salt. It costs $34.95 for 8.8oz and $19.95 for 4.2oz. I didn't know it was even offered in a smaller size (which I would've ordered since I wasn't sure if I would like it or not) so I got the 8.8oz tub. Ocean Salt is a facial scrub that is made is made up of fine and course sea salt (duh!) for exfoliation, grapefruit infusion and lime oil to brighten and cleanse, and avocado butter and coconut fat to moisturize. It smells citrusy and salty/beachy at the same time, and it tastes salty (Yes, I know how it tastes because I've managed to get it in my mouth while washing my face...not my proudest moment). 

How do I use it?
I usually wet my face then take about a nickel to quarter sized amount and massage it all over my face and neck. I then let it sit for about 30 seconds before rinsing it off. I have to warn you, though, that I've noticed the longer I let it sit on my face, the more I start to feel a tingling and slight burning sensation. While this scrub is a fantastic exfoliator, it may be a bit much for sensitive skin.

I like that you don't need to use too much to scrub your face. The coarse salt is quite apparent in the scrub and can actually be a bit abrasive if you use too much or scrub too hard. My skin is oily and not sensitive, though, so it reacts quite well to stronger scrubs such as Ocean Salt. I use it every other day but I would suggest that if you have dry or sensitive skin that you use it no more than once a week as it may irritate your skin.

Would I purchase this again?
Yes! It works wonders on my skin leaving it feeling soft, supple, and fresh!

Would I recommend it?
Yes, but not if you have extremely sensitive skin for the reasons discussed earlier. I think the price is quite affordable considering how much usage you can get out of it. I would suggest that if you are new to this product that you opt for the smaller tub to see if it works for your skin before investing in the larger tub.

Overall:
-affordable
-excellent exfoliator for normal to oily/acne-prone skin
-doesn't smell like chemicals
-mainly all-natural ingredients 
-tubs are made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic (good for the environment!)

Hope this was helpful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment