FOTD: Meet the Parents

So my bf's parents are in town this week and I had plans to meet up with them for dinner tonight. I know the title of this post may be misleading, so I'll just clarify and say that it's not my first time meeting them. I've met them many times actually but they live across the country so I only see them a few times a year. Obviously I wanted to look my best so I tried to come up with a look that was pretty but not overpowering ( I usually don't think a smokey eye is appropriate for meeting in-laws). I quite liked the finished product actually. I felt very girly and pretty :)

Face:
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
Revlon PhotoReady Foundation in 005 Natural Beige
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in 02 Medium
MUFE HD Microfinish Powder
Illamasqua Bronzer Duo in Glint/Burnish
Illamasqua blush in Hussy
MAC blush in Azalea Blossom (dusted on top of Hussy)

Eyes:
MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
MAC e/s in Plum Dressing (outer half of lid and lower lashline)
MAC e/s in Beautiful Iris (inner half of lid and tear duct)
MAC e/s in Brule (browbone)
MAC pigment in Vanilla (tear duct over Beautiful Iris)
Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencil in Black
Maybelline Pulse Perfection mascara in Blackest Black

Lips:
MAC Superglass in Totally Bang! (applied sheerly)









I felt like I was having a pretty good hair day...
I teased the crown and pinned the sides back.

Baby pink top (with embroidery on sleeves): H&M

This is a terrible photo of my outfit...I didn't have time before dinner to move my full-length mirror into a better lit area of the apartment so this will have to do I suppose. I decided not to take it from head to toe because my lower half was not very exciting (just skinny Seven for All Mankind jeans) and I hadn't decided on shoes yet. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment