I Was One of the Lucky Ones :)

I was so excited for MAC's To The Beach collection because I knew I wanted the Marine Life Highlight Powder. After seeing swatches online, the beautiful coral-ly goodness just had to be  mine. I wasn't really bummed out at all when it sold out online Monday after only being available for 2-3 hours because I had always intended on buying it in-store the morning of the launch.


My local MAC store opened at 10am Thursday morning, and I was there about 10 minutes early just to be safe. When I got inside I hurried over to the MUA and asked for the Marine Life Highlight Powder before even looking at the rest of the collection (everything else could wait!). To my surprise, she told me that they unexpectedly got the collection a day earlier and were completely sold out of Marine Life. My initial reactions were those of shock...then slight sadness (Hey, I love makeup, ok?!). She also told me that all of the MACs in my city were completely sold out. Not quite believing her since it was only 10am the morning of the launch, I called up my secret MAC...the MAC counter at my school. Thank goodness because they had 1 left and now it's mine!!


I also picked up a few other goodies from the collection:


Thrills lipstick, Marine Life Highlight Powder, Sun Rush Lustre Drops, Splashing Lipglass

Thrills, Splashing, Marine Life, Sun Rush

(Under different lighting)

I forgot and used it before taking pictures :/ (Makeup fail!)

So far I'm really loving Marine Life. It's definitely worth the hype, in my opinion. It has great pigmentation so those with fairer skin should apply this with a light hand. The coral will be beautiful for summer!

Did you guys pick up anything from this collection?

0 comments:

Post a Comment