Random Haul!

Top row: Peaches, Eye Bright Kit, Soft Ochre, #137 lashes
Bottom row: Primal, Recyle, Reuse, Twilight Lip Venom, Orgasm Illuminator, Peachstock, Rose Paris

Here are a few things I've picked up over the past few weeks since my last haul...
1) MAC sheertone blush in Peaches: I've been wanting to pick up more blushes lately because I've gotten kind of bored with the few that I have.  My blush collection is quite small and with a few exceptions, consists primarily of pinks. I thought Peaches would be the perfect addition to my collection since I have nothing like it, and it's the perfect shade for spring and summer!

2) Pixi Eye Bright Kit in No.2: It's no secret to those who have seen me sans makeup...I have hideous under-eye circles. I normally use Benefit Boi-ing in 02 Medium which is alright, but usually when a product is simply alright, it means I'm on the hunt for something better. Enter Pixi Eye Bright Kit. While Pixi is available in the U.S. at Target stores, the prices are more in line with brands you would find at Sephora. This kit was $24 but I consider it a steal because it consists of four products: 2 under-eye concealers (a lighter and a darker shade), a multipurpose highlighter (pale, shimmery pink), and an eye-brightening shade (pink but actually applies pinky white). So far, I'm pretty impressed with the quality of this product. It seems to work better with my oily skin than does Boi-ing because the consistency is a little drier and tackier but still easy to apply.

3) MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre: I already have Bare Study but I wanted Soft Ochre so that I could use it as an e/s base when I'm not doing a shimmery eye look. For me, Soft Ochre's yellow undertones are a better match than Painterly which has more pinky undertones.

4) Ardell Lashes #137: I haven't tried these out yet but they look beautiful! I wanted lashes that were a little bit more dramatic but didn't make me look like a Vegas showgirl. We'll see how these look...

5) Hourglass l/g in Primal: I ordered this when Lucky Magazine had a code for 30% off Hourglass products on the Hourglass website. Primal is a beautiful deep berry shade that has semi-opaque pigmentation that looks great on its own or layered over lipstick.

6) Tarte 24.7 lip sheers in Reuse and Recycle: This set was on sale on Sephora for $15, and I probably should have just saved my $15. I know they're not lip balms but I was surprised by how drying they are, even when used over a lip balm. Needless to say, I'm not impressed.

7) Duwop Twilight Lip Venom: I had to get this after seeing it on Em from Too Much Blush in the last photo from this post. Its not exactly red...more like a really deep raspberry, in my opinion. I think it does a really great job staining your lips and as with all lip venoms, the cinnamon scent is amazing!

8) Nars Orgasm Illuminator: I've wanted this for a long time and finally got it from Sephora while taking advantage of the 15% off!

9) MAC l/s in Peachstock: I caved and purchased this after seeing it labeled as "the perfect nude" on so many different blogs. The only other nude l/s I have is MAC Creme d'Nude and while I really love it, it can sometimes make me look a bit washed out.  Peachstock has a bit more color and is better suited for medium to darker skintones, in my opinion.

10) YSL Rouge Volupte in Rose Paris #27: I love Rouge Voluptes and I decided it was time to add to my collection...I now have TWO!  =D  Rose Paris is a bright pinky coral and it is BEAUTIFUL! I'm in love with it and can't wait to wear it everywhere this summer!


0 comments:

Post a Comment