April Favorites!

Top: MAC Light Over Dark blush
Bottom: Maybelline Pulse Perfection mascara, Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, NP l/s in Denver, Blistex Silk & Shine, MAC l/g in Perennial High Style, Organix Coconut Milk

So I basically wanted to include all of my purchases from the MAC Pret-A-Papier collection in this post but I decided against it in order to make my list a bit more diverse (I did sneak in one thing, though ;) ). I just wanted it to be known that I love everything I got from that collection! I've been using everything non-stop! Ok, enough with that and now onto  my April favorites...

1. MAC Mineralize blush in Light Over Dark: I've used this in the past two FOTDs so you can see how it looks from those photos. The color is beautiful and there is the perfect amount of shimmer! Definitely not too much or too little. And I would imagine the golden bronzey color would flatter most skintones.

2. Maybelline Pulse Perfection mascara: This mascara has the same wand as the Maybelline Define-a-Lash but also has a button you press to turn on soft vibrations. I just turn it on and gently wiggle the wand from the base of the lashes to the tips. The vibrations really make a difference and coat each lash really well to add volume and length. Perfection indeed.

3. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer: I got this when Lucky Magazine offered a 30% code about a month ago and it works amazingly well in keeping my foundation on all day and my oily skin at bay (awesome rhyming skills :D). The only thing is that the original price is $52 for 1oz. so it's not the cheapest primer on the market so I try to use sparingly.

4. NP lipstick in Denver: Read up on my rant and rave on this product here. Enough said.

5. Blistex Silk & Shine lip balm: This balm smells amazing! I'm terrible with scents, though, so I can't really say for sure what it smells like, just that it's fruity. An added bonus: it tastes as good as it smells! I like to use this under lipsticks that can be drying (YSL Rouge Volupte) or have a tendency to settle into the lines of my lips (MAC Cremesheens). It also helps to make the lipsticks a bit more sheer if the color is too opaque for my liking (YSL Rouge Volupte).

6. MAC lipglass in Perennial High Style: I didn't get this when I originally set out to make purchases from the Give Me Liberty of London collection, but after seeing how beautiful it was on so many different blogs I was convinced! So I walked into my local MAC store (which is actually a counter inside my school's bookstore...random) and crossed my fingers and to my surprise, they we NOT sold out! Yipee! And so it became mine and I've been in love with it ever since.

7.  Organix Coconut Milk Leave-In Nourishing Milk: This smells AMAZING! I like to spray it all over my hair after I've finished styling it, but making sure to not spray too much that my hair will become wet again. The scent lasts for hours...I'm not kidding! The nourishing and conditioning part is just an added bonus, in my opinion =)

What were some of your favorites for April?

0 comments:

Post a Comment